avocet

avocet

Reaction score
Hello to all members, I live near Ware in Hertfordshire and I fish the river lea often as it is 50ft from my front door (no frontage) I took early retirement some years ago, so I have been renewing my love for fishing.I was very lucky this morning to buy a vintage north western (sealey) carbon carp rod. It is 12 foot two piece two and a half pound test curve with a lovely forgiving action. It looks and feels very much like a Harrison blank, with Fuji dps reel seat and what look like Fuji lined rings, all single leg apart from the butt ring. It is in hardly used condition, so it will see me out I am sure.I only paid £10 for it, which makes it that much nicer. I know of sealey and I have heard of north western, but I am not sure when the two joined forces.Can anyone enlighten me please?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, and Welcome to FishingMagic.

Not sure when they combined to be honest but I think North Western's main factory was in or around Middleton.

Back in the early 90's I think they were making north Western Sealey Carp Rods

avocet

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who welcomed me to FM, I hope to contribute some posts of interest in the future.