gutted

nicky

Reaction score
broke the tip on my float rod yesterday then today try to take the tip out of my favourite avon rod so i could fit the rod in the car for holiday and it was stuck i managaed to get it halfway out and it jammed solid tried lubricating it and eventually steaming it over the kettle anyway broke that as well with base of quiver tip still stuck in rod grrr

C

chefster

broke the tip on my float rod yesterday then today try to take the tip out of my favourite avon rod so i could fit the rod in the car for holiday and it was stuck i managaed to get it halfway out and it jammed solid tried lubricating it and eventually steaming it over the kettle anyway broke that as well with base of quiver tip still stuck in rod grrr

Looks like you,ll be putting a thread on for rod recommendations then,Have a scout through Ebay,and pick up some secondhand rods,unless of course you can afford 2 new ones! Thats the last thing you wanted to do ,just before holiday:mad::(

nicky

Reaction score
Tell me about it i just got to let it go now because it hasn't put me in the best of moods for holidays.
I was just coming to terms with breaking my float rod.
I did eventually manage to get the remainder of the quiver out without damaging the rod so that is some consolation at least i just need to find a suitable quiver tip replacement.

terry m

Reaction score
Are they repairable?

May be worth taking them to a decent tackle shop, they often have contactswho undertake repairs at a reasonable rate.

john step

Reaction score
I dont know if this is general but holiday fishing never quite seems the same as when you know the venue and have more time to prepare your gear etc. You know.. "I'll just snatch a couple of hours in before you want to go visit that boring holiday attraction dear"
I now have a Shakespere 5 piece match rod, a tele carp rod, a tele bite finder and a decent tele spinning rod that copes as an avon. They are all ready to go and can be slotted into a small space without getting broken. NONE are as good as the real thing, but are still quite enjoyable to use. Hope this gives someone an option to consider

nicky

Reaction score
Last year i was at a haven site with two lakes less than a min walk from my caravan i fished 6 till 9.30 every morning

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2