How did everyone get on then... ?

C

chefster

Is that the same fish you keep posting every week!! Ha!, seriously mate another nice fish, the match i fished yesterday was quite hard going, we fished 1-6, they did,nt start switching on until about 4.30,Very hot,still,conditions did,nt bode well...i managed 26-8-0, 30 lb won it . Catches made up of carp ,F1,s and Barbel, the tans coming on well though!!:D:cool::cool::cool::eek:

jimlad

Reaction score
I tried a new stretch today, that involved a good 45 minute walk from the nearest parking spot.

I started on the float, flicking maggots and caster in whilst I was setting up. Within 30 seconds one of the fish I was feeding got chomped by a big pike (noted for another session ;) ) and then, shortly after, a mother and baby deer crossed the river downstream of me. Interesting. Start!

The first few chucks down I had a few hand sized dace, and then it slowed down a bit. I rested the swim whilst topping up the feed,. The 5 minute break did it some good, as I struck into something lumpy an solid. Brilliant fight on the stick float and 2lb line, but the soft cushioning action of the rod let me feel in complete control still. Eventually this chub of 4lb 1oz came into the net.

P1020586_zps7d2f05dc.jpg

P1020589_zpsb6a8c901.jpg

Not bad for a single maggot on a size 20!

The float action slowed right down, so I got the feeder rod out with lobworm. This was cast I the far bank and within minutes a nice perch was landed...

P1020591_zpsc0c4f0fc.jpg

As the sun rose, the swim went quiet and I moved on.

I was trying various different swims with lobworm on the long trek back to the car, and eventually landed this nice perch of about a pound.

P1020595_zps89148fee.jpg

And that was that. Battling through nettles, hogweed and himalayan balsa over a few mile walk was exhausting, but well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
K&A canal nr Reading. Club match, well 8 of them, fished 6 hours in the sun.
My peg was off the towpath in the reeds and with what seemed like the Tour de France going on I ruled out trying the pole. 13m line looked so good too....
6 hours on the 5m whip and pinkie got me 3lb 1oz of bits for 5th overall.
I'm beginning to doubt my sanity. Getting up at 5am, 50 miles down the M4 for an 8 o'clock draw..

Love it really.......

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Peter,

Did you each throw a couple of pounds in for the winner? I used to belong to a small club years ago and it was amazing how £1.50 for third place felt like a national win!!! :)

nicepix

Reaction score
I went down to the local stretch of the Vienne.............

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clP97Hp_LVY]River Island Catfish - YouTube[/ame]

aebitim

Reaction score
With a good tide and the hot weather I made the effort to walk 2hrs and brave the 80ft cliffs to get to a favorite shallow bay that fishes well in these conditions. Plugged my heart out for 3 hrs into dark and caught I small pollack. Absolutely brilliant session and just enough moon to light my way back.