clothing that misses the mark

masterbaiter

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

i have owned a drennan bib and brace and jacket since 2004 and its done really well, but right from the start it had niggles, the velcro on the cuffs got stuck to the velcro on the bottom zip area, you end up with your arm sticking to the lower bit of your jacket..

and also the zip area on the bib and brace, how is it when you need a pee you need to bend inwards and contort your self to extracate your wotsit to get it going and all it needed was to have the cover on the front of the zip are removed....

read and add.....

its about time manufacturers actually listened to the people..!

F

Fred Bonney

I keep my wotsits in the packet they stay fresher!/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gifSorry

I have a Sundridge suit, they are no different, I think it's a case of size matters.

John Heelis

Reaction score
I bought mesen one of those millitary issue ponchos. no zips no velcro elasticated wrists, hood with pull cords.no probs....could only get a desert one mind, did wonder why it had hood for desert! not that comfy but it works when it rains and it's quick to get on (legs do get wet)

Reaction score
I have/had a fishrite suit, (now resigned to the cupboard) and they are rubbish, they say it keeps you warm, well to be fair it did, but it kept me too warm, even when it snowed last year (or year before can't remember) and it was minus 5 i was still too hot, the pockets on the front are useless, and just get in the way, would i recommend to anyone, no not even if it was free (the jacket that is) the fleece is a cheap nasty one, and the cuffs have such a strong elastic in them, that it cuts into your arm. The trousers (bib n brace) aren't that much better, they have too much padding, so it makes you waddle, and again the pockets are pointless.

Ryan

Reaction score
On the same lines, i have a pair of trakker downpour trousers, i am not sure if it is a one off bad pair or a design fault but the legs are far too short, even by a short persons standard (a friend tried them on) apart from that they are good, one word of advice try them on before you buy, make sure that they actually fit properly

I did try them on but they seemed to shrink on the way home ..... Weird material but i like it, stretches a little, but waterproof and good quality.

Ryan

HarryOatcake

Reaction score
I often wonder who models for these outfits, /forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif

Its either the Hunchback of Notre Darm, or The Green Hulk. /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

Harry.

Lark

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>HarryOatcake wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I often wonder who models for these outfits, /forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif

Its either the Hunchback of Notre Darm, or The Green Hulk. /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

Harry.</blockquote>

The cast from 'Lord of The Rings' I think!

That said, I got myself a Wychwood Rogue set from Poingdestres last year for about £50 and I can't fault it. One moan I would have is that the velcro tape down the front of the jacket is a pain as it sticks like sh*t to a blanket every time it goes near the fleecey lining.

I realise it's not one of the 'names' that we're supposed to aspire to and it's not high tech breathable material but the layout of pockets, general fit and shape, especially the trousers,are spot on and very comfortable..... And you don't sound like a bag of crisps when you're walking the banks.

This can only mean one thing....... Peter Jackson obviously missed a bigopportunity when he didn't approach me for the 'Trilogy'.