HOT Grrrr! Anyone out fishing this weekend?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I've had enough now, I wish it would cool down a bit. Saturday looks a bearable day at 23 degrees then Sunday up to 26.
Tackle shop Satuday for some groundbait then maybe an afternoon dangle on the Colne for roach and dace.
Sunday it's round 4 of the Marsworth ressie open series. I have fished the previous 3 and blown out every one. Hopefully the bream will be a bit more spread out now the water has warmed up and not sitting in big shoals, staying put. You can be 15m from the next peg and blank whilst your neighbour sacks up. It's so frustrating Grrr.

Anyone else out this weekend?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone else out this weekend?

Only as far as Waitrose and then my garden Simon.

Its been a hell of a week here at work so this weekend is to relax in the garden with a large jug of something with lots of ice in it and the Test Match on the i-Pad . . . . . . and if I can be bothered then maybe a BBQ as well.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When I looked at the river the other day, the fish were wearing Rayban Aviators and Wayfarers, one popping its head out to utter "Give us a break, Pau!".

And that's what I'm doing.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Nope, fed up with burning my hands on the fish - bet the EEs are pleased they're coming out half cooked;)

I'm following PJ's idea, in the shade in the garden - something cold to drink and the cricket on the laptop
images

B

binka

I'm undecided... and wishing it would cool down too.

I've been out this morning on the river from 4am until 10.30am just to get a session in whilst i'm on holiday and before it gets too hot, the barbel are still launching themselves at me but I've about had enough now... even the eel session the other evening saw me land a nice barbel on a section of deadbait.

I think I might give it a try but maybe find a nice shady lake somewhere, stick a couple of cans in the margin to keep cool and see if I can winkle a tench or two out :cool:

lufc

Reaction score
Not this weekend but doing 2 days/nights with my mate at the beginning of the week and it is going to be hot as hell :( probably more :w then fishing I suppose

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I will be out on a club water late afternoon/evening on Friday to try and sort out some tench, crucians and grassies, but the weekends are verboten to us retired types!

nicepix

Reaction score
It's 30+ degrees over here and from the middle of July to the end of August the local lakes will be full of holiday makers. I'm staying close to home this week. I'll be going out after dinner on the River Vienne for a couple of hours and hoping for a few more of these......

Not so much Grrr. More Purrrr :)

Last edited:

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
Saturday evening looks nice.
Bit of a wind picking up but that's no bad thing.
Yeah I'll give it a go.

terry m

Reaction score
Was out on a short overnighter last night.

Shorts and T shirt right through the night it was so warm. The mozzies drove me nuts!!

walney1956

Reaction score
I will be out on Sunday as I have an invitation to fish a river I can't refuse. But we will not start until mid afternoon and fish until dusk. I've had a good season so far, not had a blank but most of my fishing is early morning, at the river by 4am and fish by 10am, nap for a couple of hour and then right as rain, did I say rain!!

wba6745

Reaction score
i'll be out tomorrow for the day probably dayhouse farm in romsley, then back for a day or two and off to either the avon or lakemore for some cat fishing.

tilly05

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a couple of hours on a stretch of canal.. A stretch that last year held some fine perch. also can be good for bream.
Fish prawn and maggot in the margins i need a set of scales, a beuty came out last year but was un weighed..

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Had a productive session on a club water yesterday fishing a shady 2ft deep margin swim below overhanging trees and taking some nice roach up to 8oz, crucians over a pound, a grass carp of around 5lb and a 6lb ghostie all on pole-fished chopped worm and caster!