Hooklink material for carp fishing

nicky

Reaction score
Having only used dacron as a hooklink for the last couple of years im finally thinking about trying some fluorcarbon and possibly some coated braid for the first time.

Can anyone suggest a few of the best of both types of material as i dont want to be forking out twice.

Thanks Nick

nicky

Reaction score
I would just like some names of fluorocarbon materials that others have used and have confidence in so that i can shortcut the process of finding a good one.

I'll check out the kryston brand for braid.

Ta

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Too many on the market nicky!!

I have used Ultima but do actually prefere braid and dacron. Have used Fladden copolymer.

Am thinking of using Ultima's Steel mono, especially in weedy or snaggy swims.

F

Frothey

go for either ESP ghost or riverge (trout leader) for flourocarbon, and krystons snakebite or snakeskin as a combi.

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Check out Farlows of Pall Mall, now called sportsfish I think, at least on the net.

There are a fine range of flourocarbons available, Grand max Riverge as Frothey sayeth is popular but subscribe to the free catalogue and have a browse, some other stuff in there that could be useful too.

Barney 2

Reaction score
I haveused Carp'R'Us Clearwater in 10lb flavour just for a change. Seems sound enough using grinnerand knotless knot, but can't reallysay it's helped me over good olddacron or Kryston's Supa Nova.

Supa Nova seems to stand the attentions of Pike, at least once, so that's my current favourite.

W

Wolfman Woody

I have used Ghost for Fluorocarbon and also Kryston's new Incognito, both are nice.

For a coated braid for general purpose you'll find it hard to beat Mantis DARK! Copes with most situations although you can get a green and a gold in it.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Kryston for braid ,I like the supple super nova,in clear swims.Esp ghost is tough as old boots ,even in rocky river swims.

F

Frothey

kryston flouro hooklink Jeff? Hmmmmmmmm have to go shopping /forum/smilies/sarcastic_smiley.gif

nicky

Reaction score
just ordered some esp ghost in 10lb breaking strain i'll give that a try and see how i get on