Mark's Crucian Carp.jpg

• Thread starter Paul (Brummie) Williams
  • Start date

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
It shows how little you know the difference, Paul. The dorsal has the convex shape unlike goldfish which have concave, the lateral line count is correct for crucian but not goldfish, and the broken lateral line is another clue. The colouration is good, too. Sorry mate but you haven't a bl**dy clue!

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
If you can't tell the difference either then we are in trouble! I've got one of its cousins in an aquarium that you can have DNA tested if you like. The source of the stocking has been DNA tested. The water is isolated from public access by a long drive. The lateral line count tallies with DNA sampled fish (goldfish have a count of 29/30).

Awaiting an apology...

Here's a goldfish in case you don't know what one looks like...

Scroll down for pic

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I've had a hard day and suggest that to make amends you two match pound for pound what I've raised in the species race; no prisoners tonight!

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gifI'm glad someone told him. I haven't laughed so much for ages.

Classic angling Paul!!!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ian Cloke wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Where did you catch it Mark?</blockquote>

The "pond" at the bottom of his garden, 17th swim on the right, under the willow, just past the boat house.

No sense of humour these Dorset people!

Congratulations Paul, superb cast, great anglership, best I've witnessed for many a year.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
At least the swim didn't have a Wendy House in it. The pond it came from isn't big enough for 17 swims never mind boat houses.

Don't worry chaps revenge will be served cold...

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Can i count your lines lateraly Claudia? /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Mithrandir

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Claudia Crowther wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>No use Yam Yam.....I'm a hybrid/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif</blockquote>

I would have said a cross breed LOL