How did everyone get on then... Grrrr?

B

binka

How did everyone get on then?

Typical or what?

I'd decided to give it a miss and sit this one out due to the hot weather and today in these parts it's been hovering around sixteen degrees and looked as though it's beginning to get dark all day!

I did have a couple or three hours yesterday evening on a similar sort of day weather wise albeit noticeably warmer and took the lure gear out, I thrashed it to a foam with everything I had in the bag for the sum of a small jack around 2lb... big and small lures, fast and slow retrieve, shallow and deep.

Not having it.

So then, how did everyone get on... ?

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
I managed a couple of hours rudd fishing on the river earlier today. A frustrating session really as there were plenty of rudd showing and some big uns too, but the boat traffic was just non-stop. It was nigh on impossible to fish. :(

I had the one good rudd but bungled another couple of good fish. Method was float-fished bread flake.

RUDDFM21713_zpsb419bddd.jpg

jimlad

Reaction score
Well I decided on a dawn raid on our brilliant yorkshire coastline for a change today, as the rivers are a struggle at present.

I was up by 3am to fish the ebbing tide from high. Got to the coast which involved a rope descent, and started fishing with shallow diving plugs.

Bearing in mind if I get a couple of bass in a whole summer it's standard, imagine my surprise when this bass hit my lure 3rd cast, this being my first session of the summer...

P1020599_zps36722990.jpg

This one was about a pound and a half.

I kept plugging away with the successful lure and a short while later a bigger fish hit my lure. In my opinion, a bass hitting your lure is one of the best experiences in angling, absolutely brilliant and a good fight. This one took a bit longer to get in, and I was happy with this one of 2lb 5oz.

P1020600_zps61d058c4.jpg

And that was it, the tide went too far out for this part, and we went home, up the rope!!

P1020601_zps8a2c8c4f.jpg

I've had two siestas whilst watching cricket and golf, perfect Sunday really!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Now I fancy a beer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Spent yesterday coaching kids on the canal as part of National fishing month. 3m whips and maggots. I think altogether we caught more fish than the 17 who fished the open match at Marsworth today. We thought it would fish it's head off due to the cool, overcast conditions. NO! Grrrrr it was pants.
With talk of a ton+ to win turned to one bream to win!
Winner changed to short pole to hand as did the runner up.
Neck and neck to the last 15min and 3 bream out of nowhere+ his roach won with 22lb. runner up 15lb of roach.
I scaled down to single magg on a 20 in the final hour and had 4 roach for 1lb 1oz.......I took my whips out of the bag last night too grrrrr.

nicepix

Reaction score
Its oppressively hot over here so my fishing trips have been limited to a couple of hours at most and more usually an hour or less on the local river after the sun has gone off the water.

I've been spinning using a Toby or Vobex lure and getting catfish that spookily are mostly around 113cm. It's like catching reservoir stockies - only bigger. :D

wba6745

Reaction score
i fished a very moody gravel pit with only a few big fish in there in perfect overcast conditions, found fish but do you think i could get a bite no chance they were taking bugs off the top all round me.
so im sulking on the sofa with a whole packet of chocolate biscuits!!!!!!