I'm here for a reason.

slime

Reaction score
Hi all,
I hope you're all enjoying the weather.
I'm getting on in years but have discovered the joys of fly fishing.
I used to be a coarse angler but haven't done that for many years now .............. and this is the problem.
I have loads of tackle to get rid of, sadly, as I can't see myself coarse angling any more. I've plenty of rods, reels and all the other associated gubbins, and every piece has it's own memories too!
It's doing me no good keeping it all in my loft so I've decided to sell it and opted for this forum as I like the look & feel of it .............. if that makes sense.
Most of my tackle is good quality, Bruce & Walker, Mitchell etc., but it's yesterday's technology, alas!
I looked to see whether or not a forummer had to have a minimum number of posts before being allowed to sell gear but found no clues.
Can I start listing tackle immediately or must I wait a while?
Oh, and is this the best way of selling stuff?
I'm glad to be aboard .......... thanks for having me!

Slime.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Slime,

You needed to look into the Terms and Conditions, article 7, for that information:

The sale of a Member’s own personal fishing related items can be made within the Private Classifieds once 30 posts have been made within the other forums. No private sales posts are allowed in any other forum. Please do not post for sale on any forum any items that are counterfeit or may infringe on patents or intellectual property rights.

Mostly items advertised in there get sold pretty quickly.

sumtime

Reaction score
How old are you?
where do you live?
what was the first fish yer caught?
what was the last coarse fish you caught?
are you a football fan? :)

answer in one post at a time. :)

Last edited:

barbelboi

Reaction score
Why are you called slime?;) Welcome to FM.
Jerry
PS the short version will do.........................

slime

Reaction score
Why are you called slime?;) Welcome to FM.
Jerry
PS the short version will do.........................

My real name is Simon. At school it was always shortened to Si, which I hate, so it then became Sim, (pronounced Sime), which very quickly became Slime ....................... and it's stuck ever since!

Slime.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Welcome Slime, firstly fifty five is definitely NOT getting on, unfortunately Mitchell reels are not universally considered desirable items of tackle on this site and beware of PJ, he's not only a "gooner" but also a tackle tart and not averse to picking up the odd bargain :D:wh

Ian

slime

Reaction score
I live in Godalming, just a few miles out of Guildford.

Slime.

barbelboi

Reaction score
My real name is Simon. At school it was always shortened to Si, which I hate, so it then became Sim, (pronounced Sime), which very quickly became Slime ....................... and it's stuck ever since!

Slime.

Phew...........thank Christ for that...............................thought you were a bream catcher for a moment;)

ivel

Reaction score
Hi slime
at 55 you should be out using your old tackle and fly fishing.
if your b&w are cane then they should move quickly depending on spec
can fetch good money, mitchells unless rare arenot getting the best prices, to many available auction sites full of them,theirs still a big following for cane
rods.all the best ones go to collectors and never get used.
any way research yuor tackle before you part with it.

regards Ivel

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I suppose you could look on Ebay to see if any of your gear is similar to that being offered..............at least it would give you a guide as to what to ask!

Do you really want to sell it though.....seems a shame.

ps I'm prepared to pay at least a tenner for the B/W rods Hohoho

slime

Reaction score
I suppose you could look on Ebay to see if any of your gear is similar to that being offered..............at least it would give you a guide as to what to ask!

Do you really want to sell it though.....seems a shame.

ps I'm prepared to pay at least a tenner for the B/W rods Hohoho

For a tenner I might let you touch them!
Unfotunately the B&W's are not cane, they're still beautiful rods though.

Slime.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Gawd 'elp us!

My dear old mum has just reached 93 and my mum-in-law is 98 in a weeks time...now thats what I call old!! Both still going strong with the later out every week for Sunday lunch with Bridge to follow all washed down with G&T's or sherry.

You're not even half way Slime (if the old age forecast are to be believed) so keep you gear as you may just change your mind when you reach 70.....I'm about to try for big roach again having got bored with the carp.........

Good fishing whatever you go for!