got to find a fishing buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

wba6745

Reaction score
been for two hours fishing to my local lake and had myself a nice 100lb+ bag of double figure carp off the top, i asked a fella to take a trophy shot i ended up with pictures of the top of my head and someones finger not good

robtherake

Reaction score
Sounds like jealousy to me, mate. With modern phones and cameras being as good as they are it's harder to take a bad shot than a good 'un.

C

chefster

been for two hours fishing to my local lake and had myself a nice 100lb+ bag of double figure carp off the top, i asked a fella to take a trophy shot i ended up with pictures of the top of my head and someones finger not good

Why do you need photos?

barbelboi

Reaction score

What was the finger gesturing? ;)

C

chefster

because it's nice for the fishing picture book memories etc

Personally i would,nt go to the trouble ,and stress to the fish to photograph a net that big of carp,fish flapping about all over the option,must be difficult they,re not exactly all going to keep still and say cheese.....:eek::eek::eek:

laguna

Reaction score
Personally i would,nt go to the trouble ,and stress to the fish to photograph a net that big of carp,fish flapping about all over the option,must be difficult they,re not exactly all going to keep still and say cheese.....:eek::eek::eek:

Agreed 100lb+ is way too much carp flapping about, double figure or pasty sized 100lb is 100lb. take the shot as you tip the net at the end of the day - better still dont put big carp in keepnets!

wba6745

Reaction score
8 carp tipped into a wet xl weigh sling thats on a big unhooking mat for a quick photo don't see the problem

richiekelly

Reaction score
8 carp tipped into a wet xl weigh sling thats on a big unhooking mat for a quick photo don't see the problem

If you don't see it as a problem you should think again, have you thought that the photographer did it on purpose not liking what you had done to the fish?

wba6745

Reaction score
but your not giving a reason why it's a problem the fish were cared for, it happens up and down the country every day in matches it's just your own personal opinion, typical keyboard warriors looking for an argument

richiekelly

Reaction score
but your not giving a reason why it's a problem the fish were cared for, it happens up and down the country every day in matches it's just your own personal opinion, typical keyboard warriors looking for an argument

Keyboard warrior? oh dear I don't have arguments on here I am much to sensitive for that although there are a couple on here that will never listen to an opinion from another angler.

If thats the way you want to treat fish carry on and give the public the wrong idea of what anglers are about and more ammunition for the antis.

bullmoose_jackson

Reaction score
Enjoy your photos, mate, I see nothing wrong with taking a shot of your catch at the end of the day.

Fish are fish, and that's it. I am all for taking care of them, but I don't see the need to pamper them to the extent that some anglers do.

I always get a smile out of the specimen carp boys, who lay their catch on a foam-filled, triple stitched, neoprene quilted unhooking mat, before caressing the fish and pouring water over it to refresh it. They then lovingly kneel beside the carp and, with careful hands, apply antiseptic lotion to the hookhold and all other seemingly damaged areas. Finally, they reverently cradle the carp in the margins with more affection than most of them have ever shown to their wives or girlfriends, taking care to support its weight before it has the strength to swim away, sliding a fond hand down its flanks as it makes its way back into the lake...

Of course, these ecologically aware piscatorial casanovas don't realise that the carp is only in this position in the first place because they have wedged a razor-sharp hook in its mouth and dragged it around the lake with a poker-stiff rod for the preceding ten minutes...:wh

Keep it all in perspective, lads. They're only fish.

C

chefster

Mate ,i,m not being a keyboard warrior,if you want to photograph you,re fish go ahead,i,fish matches and am also accused of the mistreatment of fish,when we weigh in,by forum users.Chef

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You could of course take a photo of the fish on the mat, with something beside them for scale, then no need to rely on other folk to take the photo...unless of course you want your mugshot in every picture in the album!;);)

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
Enjoy your photos, mate, I see nothing wrong with taking a shot of your catch at the end of the day.

Fish are fish, and that's it. I am all for taking care of them, but I don't see the need to pamper them to the extent that some anglers do.

I always get a smile out of the specimen carp boys, who lay their catch on a foam-filled, triple stitched, neoprene quilted unhooking mat, before caressing the fish and pouring water over it to refresh it. They then lovingly kneel beside the carp and, with careful hands, apply antiseptic lotion to the hookhold and all other seemingly damaged areas. Finally, they reverently cradle the carp in the margins with more affection than most of them have ever shown to their wives or girlfriends, taking care to support its weight before it has the strength to swim away, sliding a fond hand down its flanks as it makes its way back into the lake...

Of course, these ecologically aware piscatorial casanovas don't realise that the carp is only in this position in the first place because they have wedged a razor-sharp hook in its mouth and dragged it around the lake with a poker-stiff rod for the preceding ten minutes...:wh

Keep it all in perspective, lads. They're only fish.

Post of the year! ;)

Arffer Roach

Reaction score
that was a Brilliant post, wish I'd had the whit to write it

and as bullmoose_jackson says " Keep it all in perspective"

wba6745

Reaction score
thankyou for the posts fellas i was starting to get worried that i was the only one who likes a photo with my catch!!!!!
i do take as much care as i can when dealing with the fish and if i thought i was doing the fish any harm i would'nt do it

Status
Not open for further replies.