Bream fishing South Leicestershire

tozer

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm just getting back into my fishing, I've been searching this site and have got some good information, but I was wondering if anyone can recommend some good lakes in the this area?

I've been dabbling on Mill Farm (Gilmorton) with the feeder and I've had some good bags of bream and hybrids to 2lb from the bottom lake, and good sport with bream to 4lb from the top lake.

I'm going to look at Willesley and Frisby lakes, but I was wondering if there are any other day ticket larger waters (reservoirs?) around the area? Is Naseby any good for this sort of fishing? I am a bit confused as too what the stocking levels are in there, I used to fish Welford reservoir but that is now a carp syndicate.

I quite like my canal fishing and I am going to nip over to a couple of the drains and rivers out east. But I was hoping to find a couple of gems nearer by.

Thanks
Chris

jasonbean1

Reaction score
i used to live in leicester myself as a kid when the fishing wasnt that good, from what i can gather and the few times i fish around that area now it as improved greatly, particularly the river soar. good place for advice would be your local tackle shops in particular bennnets of mountsorrel.

i used to fish willesly alot and it was very good for bream back then but i reckon the soar might be your best bet especially around barrow....some big bream shoals live around there.

good luck

tozer

Reaction score
Thanks, I hadn't thought of the rivers this end. Willesley looked good, very clear, a few carp on top with some shoals of roach under the trees, I could see a couple of skimmers on top further out.

I'll do it the old fashioned way, my wallet always feels lighter when I leave a tackle shop!