The National Federation of Anglers

Bluenose

Reaction score
Was anyone here ever involved personally in any way? Possibly as a volunteer, organiser or member?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Many years ago any Club/Team wishing to compete in a NFA National would have to send a rep to a certain number of regional meetings, otherwise they couldn't compete (or get relegated to a lower division).

I was that rep for a couple of years. Problem was, the team was registered from Bawtry - somewhere up north - and I was on the south coast! Still, my employer (the team "sponsor") paid excellent expenses!

Meetings and more bloody meetings...... :eek:mg:

Terry D

Reaction score
Yes I used to fish Nationals a lot and go to Annual Conference every year representing my club. I was also secretary of the Southern Region of the NFA until I left and went to Canada in 2007.

The bad one

Reaction score
Well they were the sport's governing body for many many years Philipo and I was just wondering if many members here were active?
Not a very good one though were they? Sports governing body? Only in their own bubble.
Failed to represent, nah, ignored the big fish movement that emerged in the late 1960s. So it went it's own successful way with NASA, etc. Dragged in it's deaththrows to form the ATr.

mick b

Reaction score
Yes, and still have my NFA badge!

Also my NASA badge and all the copies of Specimen Angler in their binders, which incidentally, still provide a good reference source.

Loosing the NASA was a real loss to specimen angling, even if though it has been followed by the single species groups I believe the the old NASA (umbrella) set-up was less divisive.

flightliner

Reaction score
Mick. I have one or two of those missing (The NASA mags) can you do me a favour and tell me which copy it is that has an article in it called "A boat of your own" please.
I think there is a foto of a boat resting on some grass lawn or somesuch.
Really appreciate it.
Pm me the info if you can please.
Flight--

mick b

Reaction score
Mick. I have one or two of those missing (The NASA mags) can you do me a favour and tell me which copy it is that has an article in it called "A boat of your own" please.
I think there is a foto of a boat resting on some grass lawn or somesuch.
Really appreciate it.
Pm me the info if you can please.
Flight--

Hells bells what a request!
Well that was my thought when I read your request, all those mags and there is this guy asking me to find a specific article! :eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg:

So today, when it was raining cats looked and in the first binder and in the second magazine I checked there it was "a boat of your own by Mick Lomas".

So the answer to your question is:- edition number No: 8 page 57, its the mag with the painting by Richard Smith (where is he now I ask) of the big Chub about to eat the frog on the front.

I suppose you now want me to send you a copy :doh:.......?

Amazing what a friendly forum can achieve isn't it ((-: