Mil Dam Pond, Derbyshire - Ruffe

jackperks

Reaction score
Hello,

Might sounds strange but i'm trying to catch a ruffe or find a fishery that has plenty of them in to film them underwater but sturggerling to find a venue.

i was told this fishery has some and is fairly close to me and wondered if anyone knew much about it?

Bluenose

Reaction score
The River Weaver in Nantwich has plenty of ruffe. I know it's not specifically the fishery you're after but it's a definite possibility in terms of the species. Not sure which part of Derbs you are mate, but Nantwich is 60 minutes from Derby itself.

jackperks

Reaction score
The River Weaver in Nantwich has plenty of ruffe. I know it's not specifically the fishery you're after but it's a definite possibility in terms of the species. Not sure which part of Derbs you are mate, but Nantwich is 60 minutes from Derby itself.

i live in Nottingham so its around a 1hour and half away for me to get there though i could dpuble up and try for some bitterling in that way also.

Bluenose

Reaction score
Never had a bitterling on the Weaver as yet, had them on the Trent and mersey though... some 15 years ago but not fished there since.

If you're considering the weaver in this neck of the woods, follow the Nantwich AS link down there, have a word with the sec (she's sound) and if you get the AOk I'll be happy to show you on which pegs I get pestered.