newbie looking for some advice plz !!!

rob_v

Reaction score
hi all im rob
ive got the bug again, im starting fishing could you plz advise me on a rod and reel. i will be fishing lakes on standard waggler i have had a look at the drennan red range 11ft carp waggler is this ok for general float and catching bigger fish ? reel wise i was thinking about the shaky mach 3 xt front drag. could you tell me if the rod will serve my purpose as im not just looking at catching carp. any advise will be great, thanks

wba6745

Reaction score
hello bud have a look on fishtec, maver abyss match rod £35 and a tfg match/feeder reel £20 both very good for the money and for your line and floats have a look at ultimate angling exellent kit at very reasonable prices

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Welcome to FishingMagic Rob :w

As far as value for money tackle is concerned there is a tremendous range available, Maver, Drennan and Shakespeare are three that have supporters on here. I think Korum sell a complete starter kit at a good price. Best advice, find a good local tackle shop and see which rod & reel combo "feels" right for you, check the price on internet ask tackle dealer if he'll match or come close to it. The local knowledge and advice is often worth more than a couple of quid saved.

Ian