bait bomb

W

Wolfman Woody

Andy Nellist has used one. He says it's good for getting maggots out, but I'm not so sure there aren't better ways. Seems like a lot of messing around when a good old PVA bag will do the job.

BigRob

Reaction score
thanks for the info, the bait bomb is only about 6.99 and comes with 50 dissolvable clips and you can get another 100 for around 4.00. which seems as though it could work out more cost effective. plus you can use wet baits at the mo, I'm having to use pva friendly stuff

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Thats the first I have seen of that, interesting, I suppose it is more aerodynamic than a PVA bag when using it for distance fishing. Wouldn't PVA string do the same job as those clips, they seem a bit expensive to me or am I just a tight old git?

BigRob

Reaction score
Ithink they last longer than string giving the bomb time to get to the bottom of the water, before it opens. based on what I pay in pva tubes it's a lot cheaper

W

Wolfman Woody

If I remember, Andy said that you have to ensure the clip where the band is placed is absolutely dry.

Maybe wait until he sees this thread for a better comment. He's the only mu.. sorry, angler I've seen who's bought one.

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
one of the lads at my school has one and said its great but then hes run out of the clips and pva string doesnt do the same job. I cant find anywhere to get some more clips so I guess its just one of those passing fads along with the newark needle float....

S

Sean Meeghan

Hmm....

Think I can see some running water applications for that. It looks to eject the bait quite forcibly. I'll wait to see what Mr Nellist says.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I know that Andy doesn't use itjust with maggots /forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif

I think he may have modified it slightly too.

I'll txt im, c if e's sulkin?