Need a Bivvy

D

Dave Celio

I am looking to purchase a new bivvy. I currently have one of the old Nash 52'' brolly wrap bivvy's that comply with the old Nubrolly from years ago!

I have already been warned off the Nash Titans, but to be honest they are a bit too expensive for me anyway!

I have been looking at the Fox range, and especially the Fox Classic Euro Dome II 1 Man version for ?176.99 which looks quite good.

Can anyone share there expierience in buying a bivvy and recommend something for around the ?200.00 mark

Thanks in advance

Dave

P

Peter Crane

Dave,

I'm also looking for a bivvy and the Fox one's interest me as well. However, I'm holding back at the moment because Fox are about to upgrade some of their bivvy's, it's also been rumoured that there may be one or two new ones as well! What would help us bivvy hunters is if Fox would put some information on their website...I can't recall the last time it was updated, though I'm sure someone will tell me. Pete

A

Austin Buchan

Hey guys, get a look at the Diawa ones,
Both the older version and the new Infinity,
I've just ordered the Diawa 2man(person)
you can pick them up from anywhere between
125.00 to 175.00 and just a shade over 200.00 for the infinity.

R

Rob Brownfield

Aqua! No other choice..my original has been going for 10 years nearly!

R

Roto fryer

aqua are the best bivvies around bar none.
fox are copying the armadillo and another bivvy.

S

Steven Aisthorpe

how much do the Aqua's cost and are they easy to erect on your own?

R

Rob Brownfield

I bought one of the original Aquas with a storm porch and the heavy cotton inner for winter use. (I live in the north of scotland) I reckon I can put the whole thing up in about 10 minutes..but you must remember, this is a bivvie that has withstood blizzards, 60 mph winds, rain that Noah would say was heavy etc etc..The newer Armadillo takes something like a minute to put up.

R

rob tudor

the fox classic easy dome is good value 3 of my mate have them and are v happy if money is no object then AQUA products are the best by a country mile i have a 50" brolly system with over 350 nights use no leaks and i have an armadillo which i have used for 2 winters simply the BEST!

N

Nick Gardner

I was looking for a new brolly system as well as I have just wrecked my Viper and it will cost a fortune to get it fixed, but was looking at the Groundhog or Hurricane. Since reading this thread I have looked in Aqua's home site and the Brolly looks great. The 50", can it take someone of my size (6ft 1) on a JRC Coccoon Bed Chair with room for gear?

S

Steven Aisthorpe

What about the Evolution brolly for just the odd night out, are they any good?

A

Alan Roe

If you are looking at a brollie have a look at the review on the Badger one...It really is good!

<a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=&v=1&UAN=1753>Badger Oval Umbrella</A>

R

Roto fryer

an aqua armadillo takes around 2 mins to put up on your own

D

Dave Celio

Thanks for all the advice. I have had a look at the Armadillo, it is some piece of kit, very impressed. A bit out of my price range at the moment though.

I have opted for the Fox Easy dome to get me going. I have put it up a couple of times in the garden......very impressed!

Thanks again