tf gear force 8 2 man bivvy

james faulkner 3

Reaction score
hi all i am just looking into buying a tf gear force 8 2 man bivvy, does anyone have any experiancewith them and are they any good?

BigRob

Reaction score
I have the 1 man version it was on offer at 99 i think only had it about a month, and it is really good, by the time you have the little cover on the top, and the pegs in it does take around 2 mins but it packs up just as good, and even fits in the bag it comes in, which would normally take some doing, I don't think the 2 man is much diff and one of me mates got that one after I told him how good mine was.

I hope this helps a little any questions let me know

james faulkner 3

Reaction score
good man bigrob, heard a few mixed comments seen one for £169.99 with tf gear bed chair, sounds like a still to me.

BigRob

Reaction score
yeah I think so I got a DVD in my sub of Coarse fishing last month, with Matt fishing and a section on the DVD of the new range of his kit. on some of his stuff they are running some good offers, I got mine direct off his site,

I also got 3 of these TFGear X Series which are good had a nice fish out yesterday on one.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi James; I,ve got the TF gear Force 8 two man Bivvy. It,s a great bivvy in all way,s to me.

Twin skin, it keeps the heat in and the cold out. Also I,ve had it in a gale force 10 and no problems with it at all. And the room that you get in side it is massive, and the ground sheet is sewing in from the porch area all round. To me it,s the best two-man bivvy you can buy.

james faulkner 3

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback jimmy, can i ask if you have the fibreglass poles or the aluminum? just been to buy one and the guy said they have had alot of returns on the fibre glass!

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fibre mate. And as I,ve said I,ve no probs with it. But I have seen some being put up wrongly, and the poles split/snap.

Carpless

Reaction score
I don't see why they would do an aluminium pole version if the fibreglass one was capable of dealing with strong winds as it claims. My mate has the one man fibreglass version but hasn't had to use it in any extreme weather so can't tell if it does stand up. All i know is when i was deciding wheter to get one i read some things online like 'saw the destruction of some poor guys force 8' and 'had to cut my trip short by a day due to the river inside'. Thats enough to put me off. I have a JRC STI but am looking to get a FOX ECO easy dome, which is similar to the force 8, for short sessions and decent weather just to make things easier. Might be worth a look as its specification is that of a two man but i think its only designed for one bedchair.

BigRob

Reaction score
yeah there is two clips in the fron where the tow fron poles fold out into, I have heard of poeple trying to put the Bivvy away without taking them out and breaking them.

james faulkner 3

Reaction score
thanks guys, tough desision aint it. poult that was my first choice, one of the easy dome systems, it was only cos of the bed chair they were throwing in free! thats wot made me look into it really.

Carpless

Reaction score
Sorry, which one has the free bedchair? I'd really look at how long you'll be fishing for and what weather etc. If its built in groundsheets you're looking for then there's little choice nowadays. If you aren't bothered and are likely to be fishing longer sessions then it would worth looking into a JRC STI. Its 140 but well worth the money due to the ventilation, stability and 10,000mm hydrostatic material. The reason I say longer sessions is because I mostly fish for 24 hours and it can take a little longer than i like to put up and take down. If you are likely to be fishing 24 hour sessions and not in horrible weather then I dunno. I'm personally sticking to the ECO easy dome due to the fact its fox and the worst i've heard about it is that it needs waterproofing from time to time and groundsheet is a little weak. Nothing about destruction and rivers. Don't forget that you are going to be out in this thing and it NEEDS to protect you from the elements. You need something you can rely on and be comfortable in so don't be afraid to spend a few more quid if it means the difference between a good night and a cold wet night.

john dear 2

Reaction score
I have the two man force 8 and have t say it is a decent bivvy,i got mine from the Tackle Box for £129,this was after having had massive problems with Fishtec,who i originally ordered from,the only problemis that i cannot get it back into the bag,not the bivvies fault of course,i just havnt sorted out how to do it yet

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
John; Did you get the two straps with your bivvie, to tie it down before it goes back into the bag ?.

john dear 2

Reaction score
I did,but i have yet to work out how to fold it correctly ( i blame my age lol ) so i can get the straps around it ,i always end up with it far to bulky to be able to get the straps on

Carpless

Reaction score
Isn't there a long strap attached to the bivvy that you can wrap around it and compress it, then you put the two straps on. My mate does it this way and doesn't have a problem with the bag, in fact he says its really gd that the bag is a little extra big.

steve smith

Reaction score
Ive got the one man and its a good bivvy in my opinion, although ive not used it in really bad conditions, the fibre poles are fine and when i take it down i push the top material between the poles, lay flat and roll towards the front porch, the tougher groundsheet then wraps round the whole bivvy, the only fault is the carry bag isnt very roomy.

harvey fulcher

Reaction score
now looking at the 2 man tfg 8 force,there are good and bad in all bivvys,personally i will judge from my own experience,but thanks to all for your opnions,nash have complaints,so do fox,so what are we to buy as a retail purchaser,we all use in different weathers,so really like i said you can only answer on what you witness,but i have read more good than bads regardiong this bivvy

ron withey

Reaction score
Hi mate just got the two man force 8 not used it yet but like the big kid inus all put it up in the garden struggled at first as thought i was going to snap the pole but when it went up it was great loads of room and when its pegged out will be really strong cracking buy if i say so would say get one and i got it back in the bag aswell

Michael j Smith

Reaction score
I got a FORCE 8 EXTREME BIVVY2 man today, from the Tackle box and I got them to show me how to put it up and down, they ware very happy to show me.They even let me try it up and down very pleased with Tackle box as am disabled, and Imanaged to put it back in the bag on my own.

gavin davies 2

Reaction score
ive got the 1 manversion and where i live down in devon we get some shit weather, and it stood up realy well on three diferent overnighters, i realy rate it fantastic value 4 money, u wont go far wrong by getting one mate!