The Catfish Fish-in 2008

Reaction score
Although I blanked , it was a great weekend with a superb bunch of people ,some I had met before and a few new faces , the bbq was a good laugh , I don`t know if it was the smoke or Steakers chilli which burnt my throat the most ./forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

Elphicks is a very pretty water and a runs water to boot , very clean and with Dustbins all around the lakes ,so no excuse for litter .

I must say that I probably cost Colin the loss of a big cat , to which I am very sorry about ,but I am not 100% convinced that we were both into the same cat but if we were , Colin I apologise ./forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"Plenty of beer was drunk plenty of well cooked food (take note Wol) was consumed"

implying??????

/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

PM me if anyone wants a cd of my pictures.....................

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Les has got it spot on with his brief description of the lake we fished and although it would be nice to have a fish-in nearer to home,i would gladlygo toelphicks again....a truely smashing place.

Must remember a peg for my nose though for the chemical lavvy next year /forum/smilies/sick_smiley.gif.

One other thing i was thinking about.....although i could do some catfish fishing closer to home etc.... there is something a bit special about landing one on these shindigs.My cat gear is away now until next year and who knows what will happen then.

Cakey,any self take pics of you on your bed chair in the gimp outfit /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif.

Have sent you my details matey....many thanks.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I can only ditto all above, a super fish-in, even though I didn't get my kitten but hey...a good excuse to attend next years meet.

At least I managed a couple of nice carp, met up with some old friends and made a few new ones.

Steaker, thanks for the superb selection of ale /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif and the chilli, first class bank cooking.

Windy, thanks for the Stew, just what I needed after arriving so late.

The BBQ was a hit...eat your heart out Wol and look at this /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

Reaction score
I must say well done to all who caught , regardless of cats or carp , it was the the biggest haul of carp in a FM Fish -In of this type .

Well done to Dan , the man of the Fish -In , 5 good carp and a 26lb cat , and to Cakey who broke his duck for a Fish -In with 7 good sized Carp ./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
After reading that brilliant write-up we might be tempted next year?

30lber off the top??? Jammy get!

Glad you all had a great time, some stunning fish and some fantastic weather. I rang Cakey at one point and he said it was glorious..........it was blowing a right hooley in Bristol at that time!

Deffo interested for next year.

Cakey, don't worry about Steaker, you just need to find his "center of balance" point /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"...eat your heart out Wol "

Nope, sorry, i see two gas burners on the go, tut tut tut.

Who's belly in the middle pic(pretending to be cookholding a very gayplastic spatula)waiting for food???????

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"holding a very gay plastic spatula"

I was going to mention that Wol, as well as the copious quantities of smoke everywhere - not up to your standards so I'm told . . . . .

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Stunning images, both mental and photographic. Great report(s), well done Mark, that's one big carp!

Claudia's carp look immaculate, stunning creatures and well done Cakey, top fishing.

C

Cakey

Cheers Neil I was well pleased with the picture count (11 out of 13 are mine)

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Sounds like a good weekend, a few more fish caught then the ones I've attended aswell.