Contour maps and features

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Not bad, would you like to advertise on FM and help keep the site free to view?

J K

Reaction score
Thedemo mapis just a glorified sketch, that can be easily reproduced for any water using Google Earth or similar. Where are the contours?

Just a thought, have Carp Lakesgot permission from the Geo Information Group to use their copyright images for resale?

E

EC

The thing is features often change, water levels change, areas get silted, weeded over,dredged etc etc. I'd personallyrather spend 20 minutes with a marker rod and find out for myself.

W

Wolfman Woody

Banish him Graham.

Just seen his other posting <u>all Plugging his own site</u>.

A "knock-off Nigel" that's all.

EDIT - I see his charges are - 3. A standard lake listing on www.carp-lakes.co.uk incurs a cost of £49.99GBPinc VAT. A premium advert costs £99.99inc VAT. A home page advert costs £15.00GBP inc VAT per week for a minimum period of 4 weeks.

So far he's started five forum threads advertising his site, how much is that he owes Magicalia?

F

Frothey

with pricing like that, it better google well!

edit.... not in top 5 pages, bored of looking!

jeff hall 2

Reaction score
type in carp lakes to google

youll find its number 1 so in answer to your question it does google well

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jeff; Look at all you,re threads, I think that you should P M Graham Marsden and have a wee chat with him, He is a very understanding man.

Jimmy.

F

Frothey

also, if you type something like "carp lakes kent" it doesn't google well either - most people will add an area to a search.

F

Frothey

and its still too expensive /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

jeff hall 2

Reaction score
page 2 of google aint bad for carp lakes kent as weve only been going 4 months?

£4.00 a month advertising is a bargain! a lake only needs to sell half a day ticket to recoup its money?

F

Frothey

....but how many google better? google ranking wont get better with time, I know people who know what to put on a page and they top it from day one

how many page impressions do you get per day? not counting the ones you got for free today /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Simply i dont think you should be advertising your site though the forum as you are charging for the information. You should have placed a advert or sent a press release to graham.

The forum is used for the free distribution of information between people with no finacial involvment. We have people on here who work in tackle shops and they never push there shop when talking about tackle.

Just my view.