Returning enthusiast introduction

bandybash

Reaction score
I won't call myself an angler, cos I am not that good. I have have however always loved is fishing and camping since childhood. I am now 63 and have managed quite a few outings this summer and that coupled with an interest from my grandson and the purchase of a margin pole has got me going again!

My early fishing was at Earlswood Lakes in Surrey, catching Roach and sometimes Tench. Got into match fishing during my RAF career, mainly upper Thames. I am interested in all types of fishing and read avidly on the web and must say it has changed so much with the introduction of commercial fisheries.

Gone are the early morning river trips, I like the car park close to my peg and a reasonable start time. Now livng in Oxfordshire there are loads of good venues so hopefully there time for a few tight lines yet?

Brgds to all on FM Bandybash

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
Angling is enjoying going out there and catching a few (or maybe not) - you are an angler.

Welcome.

tikka

Reaction score
Welcome & enjoy your future fishing trips, glad to hear you are showing your grandson that there's more in life than game machines etc, hope you both enjoy your fishing.