dead spider.jpg

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
If in doubt stand on em is my motto,What with climate change and all you just can't be too careful.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
I do hope Derek dosen't see this massacre.
Personally I would poke it with a baiting needle a couple of times then wack it with my bankstick ,then I would drown it in autan just to make sure it was suitably dead ,only then would I consider putting it in my muckers sleeping bag.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Your Orrible Mr Barbus.

Hope you get pulled in the Ribble by a 400lb barbel, and it eats you.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'!

Morespiders

Reaction score
Charlie, go take Andy for a walk, he needs some fresh air,

You will be pooped if your not carefull Woodouse

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Maybe not to far in the future that 400 lb barbel Spiders,especially with Terrys magical scales.

Morespiders

Reaction score
No comment Mr Barbus, Im sceptical about it, but as there have been 15s? caught an 18 isnt beyond the Ribble, its a big river.

Deanos

Reaction score
Thats a tiny spider, there are some in my garage that are the size of the crabs you buy on the front at Bridlington!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
The rule is - no big fish up norf Mr Morespiders, how on earth would they carry on if they had the same size fish as us poor southerners? 15lb is plenty big enough for them to be carrying on with.

Deanos

Reaction score
We might not have bigger fish than you Southern lads, but my granny had to beat the spiders off in her coal cellar with a shovel....keep your fish, I would rather have big spiders any day!

Deanos

Reaction score
We have a saying in Yorkshire Graham....

"If thar arms are thin enough to reach through bloody school railings to get bag er chips yer mams brought for yer dinner, it dunt bloody matter how fat yer legs are!" /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Morespiders

Reaction score
Graham, Ive only had little barbel upto three pounds, dont want any bigger ones they can snap your line, and i dont want that,Ive had it for ten years, and its getting thin now.

Deano's Keep away from them crabs at Brid, one could nip your fat sticky fingers my boy, and keep out of granny cellar, could be ghost in there

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

You are all a bluudy cruel lot. What has a little house spider done against you except eat flies and other insects in your house!

alan

Reaction score
its not the little i worry about,

its the big buggers that bite, had a load in the house lately, nearly 3inches across with legs. the sort that hit the floor and you hear them. woken up a few times with bite marks over me.

add them to the false widow family in the attic that come down next to the shower when its being used, dont matter how many end up scalded or hoovered up theres always another to replace it.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

All spiders bite, it's the only defence they have and they mainly bite to inject paralising venom into their prey.

Some spiders have very tiny fangs and dangerous venom - such as the African Six Eyed Crab Spider, which has probably the most dangerous venom on the world. Others such as the Red Kneed Tarantula of Mexicohave huge fangs - up to 3/4" long, yet the poison has hardly any effect on humans.

Some have dangerous venom and huge fangs such as the Male Sydney Funnel Web and the Brazilian Wandering Spider. This makes them the two most dangerous spiders in the world. Both are extremely aggressive and have been known to actively chase and bite people.

It would be a laugh to see old Pete Jacobs attempting to sort out one of these in his bedroom!!!!

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif