THIEVES SCUM AND FISHING

GertR

Reaction score
Good afternoon to all.

Just a word of caution.

I am currently in South Africa and will be moving to Buckinghamshire end of the year.

If this problem with thieves is not addressed and the proper precautions taken.

The uk will become just like South Africa. My PB here in South "Africa is 37 Pounds but to be honest it is not a pleasure at all to go out fishing here. And to go alone is just basically looking for something too happen.

The sport of fishing and the enjoyment of it all will be taken out of it if this kind of behavbiour is tollerated.

What i will advise is that all fisheries will have to implement measures to combat this kind of behaviour and that no person not fishing should even be allowed near the gates at all.

GertR

Reaction score
Anyway.

Can anybody recommend a fishery near buckinghamshire with big Whackers.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
What happened Gert?

By the way, you're famous in Bristol.................Gert (Lush)

Sorry /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Nathan

Reaction score
I live in Buckinghamshire - there's plenty of waters around here that hold some good fish both Day Tickets and Syndicate waters. It just depends on what you're after from your fishing.

GertR

Reaction score
Hi i wil ignore the Gert (LUSH) story and pretend that you guys like me. Unless you are scared that i catch a new British BP. .....JOKE but anything is possible.

Nathan to be honest i would try next year to spend a 100 nights on the bank looking for carp above 40 pounds. Any names of fisheries nearby that i could check out would be appreciated.

Regarding the fishing in SA yes there is a couple of great places. The problem is for the local anglers not really being able to afford expencive prices. Forcing them to fish lakes which really hold big carp but that are dangerous. Just an example i have water about 4 kilometers from my house. No body goes there because of hicjackings. I targeted the water since the beginning of may and are up to date standing on 29 Carp up to 31 pounds. Really nice looking fish never been caught. Now since June i have been struggling because nobody wants to go there with me.

But do not let me put you off from fishing in SA. There is some great water here. But crime can really spoil a water very quickly.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well after all Gert; You were the one how typed in the word SCUM and THIEVES.

But after-all, don,t forget you are in S A. And lets face it most of the Africans are too poor to buy fish ?.

Jimmy.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Gert

The stories of scum and thieves are few, our lakes,rivers and fish are in abundance. Hurry up and get over here and get chatting to Ron. We need to hear more wonderful stories of Rons childhood fishing escapades and im sure you will bring his best out.

aaron martin

Reaction score
i think were ever you go there is always a problem from people who distract you from your sport to people who hold you at gun/kinive point to take all of your tackle. it is very sad that they need to do that to get their next fix of weed or something. i know this seems abit strong but i know some of you will agree with me because this is true.

KAR

Reaction score
The tackle shops say that there have been a 17% rise within the past few months and that it seems to be all the the high end tackle. So either the thieves know what they're looking for or the fishers are out for some better gear. A little pessimistic but I'm 60% on the latter.

B

Bill Cox

4,000.000 anglers fish regularly so lets say between 750,000 to 1,000.000 fish on any given weekend day. A couple of dozen at most get robbed, Cant be bothered to work out the percentage this time of the morning but its clearly minuscule. Lets keep it real lads there is no epidemic of crime just a few twats who chance arm now and then. By the way Graham the clock in the bar above says 00.35 but its 02.55 so whats all that about?

B

Bill Cox

Weird, now i've posted it has gone to the correct time????/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I spent 7 wonderful years in SA from 1969 and never had any problem when fishing.From what I am told now the crime rate is staggering especially around Jo-burg...

Great fish in the Vaal Dam and a lake in a town near Krugersdorp the name of which will not come to mind.Anyway,I recall fish up to 70lb caught on mealie-pap flavoured with spices-sort of a boilie.......

White Swan lake nr Reading Berks close to junction 10-Woodley-usually very quiet midweek and still day-ticket if I'm not mistaken.Big,big Carp and fantastic Tench/Roach-IF you can catch them....

Good luck anyway and welcome to Berks/Bucks

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

In the times and places I fished in SA there was never a problem. OK I fished club controlled waters much of the time and to be brutally honest, I carried a piece whenever I went fishing. Thank goodness I never had the need to use it.

There were some truly huge carp in SA. I remember seeing the photo of a fish of over 40 kg taken from the Bon Accord Dam near Pretoria.