World Veterans Championship

Reaction score
Congratulations to the England team on the team bronze in the Inaugral World Veterans Championship. Gold went to hosts Portugal and Silver to the Hungarians.

And total respect to Mark Addy on his Individual Gold - ****ie Carr was second English man home in 8th place.

Did you miss this - its not even on the NFA website yet - these thngs take a while when you're trying to promote Angling to a wider word.

However if you visit the FIPS website it is in latest news - full results breakdown

FIPS Home Page

Reaction score
Mark Addy, ****ie Carr, Ken Giles and Dennis White - not a bad line up eh!

We were pipped for silver by one point. The Portuguese romped it with all four of their team in the top 7 individuals.

Donald Bain

Reaction score
Well I'm not surprised at the Team's performance, having just got back from two glorious weeks on Portugal's "Silver Coast" a mere 60 minutes drive north from Lisbon, I was gobsmacked at the real quality of fishng available out there.

Sods Law was that I did not take any tackle! Next year I'm driving across with the gear in the back!

Seriously, there were "Barragios" or dams to you and I, containing carp galore, ide, chub and fish I've never heard of before! And the rivers were just as good!

One aspect of Portuguese fishing I would not advise people to copy was their habit of climbing down sheer rock faces to narrow ledges simply to catch sprats! Crazy!

If you are interested, this part of Portugal is called the "Ouste" and is not yet developed for Foreign tourism except if you are a golfer, there are loads of superb course! Because of this prices are low, mainly because they are geared for the locals! The area is readily explored via the A8 motorway, which cuts through the middle of the region.

For the family there are super beaches, great surf for boarders! Fantastic little towns and ports such as Penniche and Caldas da Reinas, but the gem is Obidos, a fairytale walled town just out of Disney!

Seriously thinking that I might organise an exploratoy trip later this year if anyone is interested?

Don