opinion, fact or lies. Who gives a monkeys' Anyone...

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
..out fishing this weekend. Many will be on hols and perhaps trying some new types of fishing, others like me will be on our local waters.
Clubby at Farlows for me. Yep bream again but some big tench. Being deep and gin clear most of the year undoubtedly it will be weedy and finding a clear spot of gravel challenging.

Anyone else out?

B

binka

Yep pretty much a repeat of last week, taking a mate to the Trent on Saturday and just trying to decide on a stretch of day ticket water that's not been hammered for barbel and then out on my own on club waters Sunday.

The river's fining down quite slowly after last weekends deluge and the top up yesterday, i'm hoping it will still be fresh and carrying a bit of colour for the weekend.

I did nick a very short session yesterday morning in the hope of a nice perch and thought i'd cracked it until this popped up with my lobworm fairly in it's scissors... lucky not to get chomped off I reckon and a new pb at all of 5 - 6lbs :)

aebitim

Reaction score
Other half away in Corfu working and as the bass are playing and the trent needs a workout on the mullet and havent really looked at the Stour lately and booked to fish Wed with a competition winner . . and I REALLY MUST stock the freezer with makky before the birthday Wye trip but might have to be in Abber Saturday . . .

tincatim

Reaction score
I hope to catch a few hours on the river Don Saturday or Sunday, found a nice little spot near a big overhanging willow. I fished it last week but forgot my catapult and couldn't get the bait out to my float, still managed a chub of about 2lb and a load of dace fishing shallow. The river was very slow moving and I was able to fish a 3bb waggler with ease. I'm hopeful of some more chub this time out, anything over 3lb would be superb.

nicepix

Reaction score
My mate terry Two-Barns came over yesterday after dropping his parents off at the airport. We spent the day making a facade and doors for one of his barns and after dinner I took him down to the river for a bit of catfishing. He's never caught a catfish and never caught anything over 18lb so last night was going to be special for him. However, for the first time in over a month I couldn't find a damn fish for him to catch. :mad:

There was nothing about at all. Good job I've got my photos or he might have thought I was lying about the fish ;)

I'll be off again tomorrow night carp fishing at a large lake and then after that it is 'Mad August' in France when the population of the cities de-camp to the countryside for their annual holidays. Everything closes down, job stopped! Saturday and Sunday will be carnage on the roads so little wife and I will be restricting our journeys to necessities like travelling to check my mole traps. And then it will be only in off peak hours.

denzinho

Reaction score
Yep pretty much a repeat of last week, taking a mate to the Trent on Saturday and just trying to decide on a stretch of day ticket water that's not been hammered for barbel and then out on my own on club waters Sunday.

The river's fining down quite slowly after last weekends deluge and the top up yesterday, i'm hoping it will still be fresh and carrying a bit of colour for the weekend.

I did nick a very short session yesterday morning in the hope of a nice perch and thought i'd cracked it until this popped up with my lobworm fairly in it's scissors... lucky not to get chomped off I reckon and a new pb at all of 5 - 6lbs :)

That's an awesome fish. I love the look of Z's and will probably have to travel a few miles to get one as I become more experienced. Good job anyhow

:thumbs:

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Den
There are plenty of Zeds in the Lower Severn and Warks Avon, not too far from Bristol up the motorway network.

C

chefster

..out fishing this weekend. Many will be on hols and perhaps trying some new types of fishing, others like me will be on our local waters.
Clubby at Farlows for me. Yep bream again but some big tench. Being deep and gin clear most of the year undoubtedly it will be weedy and finding a clear spot of gravel challenging.

Anyone else out?

Some of us have got to work Simon,i,m not out until a match at Bishops Bowl next Thurs,then a Bucko tcco charity open at Toft carp lake next Saturday,must try harder after my dismal 3rd off of a flyer at Lychgate on Thursday...Chef:D I did manage 6 carp and 4 bream at Clattercote on Weds,no photos to prove it ,but i,ve got 1 mans word for it , eh Simon, Cheers Gaz

Last edited:
Reaction score

Anyone else out?

Your thread titles are getting increasingly surreal Simon...

You been on the Brasem again? ;)

I'm out on the lower Teme tomorrow...

Hope Keith the Seal has boogered off back into the Severn.. :(

barbelboi

Reaction score
Further to our chat Simon, a really good session from 10 - 3.30 Friday for some decent carp 'up in the water' on that local pit - plenty of cloud cover for much of the day, a brisk Southerly................
Jerry

barbelboi

Reaction score
I'm going through one of my phases currently when I just can't be bothered to get out. Dont know what I want to do and nothing particularly appeals. I've got next week off and no plans to go anywhere.

SP's just burst into life after late tinca spawning, the POD is not a member any more, Red Shorts has got lost somewhere, I know where I'm going................:wh