Hi from South Devon...........

philthefishcoach

Reaction score
I am rapidly approaching my 65th year, and have been an angler since 6 years old, fishing in the lake at Alexandra Palace, north London, then river Wey, Guildford, Sea angling from the lifeboat pier, Bembridge, I-O-W., moved to Brightlingsea, Essex, flounders in the estuary, cod from Clacton pier and the shore at Holland on Sea, moved to Teignmouth, BIG flounders from the estuary, plus big everything else (wrasse that pulled your arms from the socket), then fly fishing for trout, got hooked on searching for the big fish, 22lb from Avington on a mayfly nymph, worked-out that the take was the best bit of flyfishing, visited Australia where my best buddy moved 25 years ago, whiting, snappery things, shovelnose rays, beach worms as long as your arm, then Florida for snook, seatrout (nothing like ours), stingrays, giant grouper, good job i'd bought a license - got checked on Sanibel Pier and an island (uninhabited) off the Atlantic coast. What next? Off to St. Raphael, near St Tropez for some fishing in the med. in a few weeks, retiring in March. Ideas welcome, and I can help (ask Frothey, think he's on this forum) those who need it.

Phil.