Back into fishing

freesolo

Reaction score
Hello chaps, Im from Northamptonshire and have been fishing since i was about 10 (im 31 now) I fished for a local club as a junior and was lucky enough to go to some amazing venues, as i got older eventually fell out of love with fishing and found woman, and from the age of 16 till now i only went half a dozen times a year but some years i wouldn't go at all.
I have got the bug back this year and i have enjoyed some great days fishing on rivers, I love river fishing nothing against commercials but i just feel more at home on the river bank. I fish alot on the Nene and have had some really good bags of bream and a few nice tench in the last month. recently i have set myself a mini challenge if you like, to catch a Nene barbel from some areas where they are less prolific, its not going to be easy but nothing worth doing ever is.
Anyway, I thought i would join to get advice on rigs and tactics etc from like minded people and share my fishing experiences along the way :)

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
Hi freesolo,

The Avon might also be worth a visit depending on which are of Northants you are from.

Tight lines