How did everyone get on then?

nicepix

Reaction score
Can't really follow that except to say that for the second time this month I blanked.

At the village side of the farm where we live is a derelict water mill. Well, two actually. one each side of the river. It is a 6 minute drive or a 10 minute walk by a more direct route over sheep pastures, but as I was staying until dark I opted for the latter. My eyesight is very poor in low light.

The intention was to fish off the top of the weir thus allowing me to use lightish float tackle instead of the 3oz lead and associated gear that is necessary when fishing off the bank. I've only ever had bites by fishing the seam where the current turn 90 degrees to the direction of the river in order to flow through a torrent where the dam is breached. That entails a 60 yd cast and all the paraphernalia that goes with that distance on a river.

All went to plan except the float obstinately refused to submerge. I'll give it another go later on in the week though.

aebitim

Reaction score
Still preocupied with the bass and dodging grocks, but managed a look at the Stour and looking forward to a bit of freshwater this week. Thursday is the makky bbq and pss up on the beach so bound to rain.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I was going to say great write up Binka, however you spoiled it by owning up to it all being pre-planned in your penultimate paragraph - "Having had a swim in mind" ..............................;)
Jerry
PS I actually had quite a good day Friday, but I can't follow that either................:D

B

binka

I was going to say great write up Binka, however you spoiled it by owning up to it all being pre-planned in your penultimate paragraph - "Having had a swim in mind" ..............................;)
Jerry
PS I actually had quite a good day Friday, but I can't follow that either................:D

Yup... pretty much sums up the whole weekend :)

Last edited:

fozzie41

Reaction score
Went up to Woodned in Huthwaite yesterday. Brilliant session

Load of carp and roach and finally put my pole to the test.

Didn't think it would happen but I'm starting to love pole fishing

B

binka

"Having had a swim in mind" ..............................;)
Jerry

Jerry it's taken me almost twenty four hours to finally get that! :D

Very good indeed, very, very good... the old brain of mine is nowhere near as sharp as it used to be lol :D :w

aebitim

Reaction score
Went out to Revels for a social session and to sort dates for some autumn fishing, and as usual great company and a few decent fish, thoroughly thrashed weightwise but caught several crucians and my first ever stillwater barbel of about 1.5 lb. The fish was unmarked and lively but did not have the rock solid muscle tone of river ones.