Wanted: F M Concept Rod

barbelbonce

Reaction score
Can anybody help me with one of these, please?
Have been interested for a while and one would cover a lot of my angling requirements.
Many thanks in anticipation, Mike

barbelbonce

Reaction score
Seriously, Chaps!
I am VERY interested in buying one of these rods. Cosmetics not too important; structural integrity is very!
If anyone has one or knows of one that may be available, I'l be very keen to hear!

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously, Chaps!
I am VERY interested in buying one of these rods. Cosmetics not too important; structural integrity is very!
If anyone has one or knows of one that may be available, I'l be very keen to hear!

Mike,

Those rods were designed and built some time ago now, most if not all of those who bought one at the time are hanging on to them.

The best I could suggest is to contact Harrison's who built the rods and inquire about buying one direct, although I think the current price is more like £200 rather than the original £99 price tag.

Harrison rods: Tel: +44 151-709-5981

barbelbonce

Reaction score
Peter,
Many thanks for the reply.
Its just one of the "...if not all of those..." whom I would like to surrender (with a suitable crossing of the palm with silver - or folding stuff, if you insist!) their Concept.
I appreciate that the rod was designed and built c. 10 yrs ago and that the driving forces were messrs. Marsden and Clay; also that the rod's desirability makes it less than evens that any owner will want to sell.
However, as my dear old ma used to say: "I you don't ask, you'll never find out".
Just over 12 months ago I spoke to Steve Harrison who said that they can still roll a Concept blank for me. I am still tempted, if really necessary, to go that route and to trust that the arthritic fingers may allow me to complete the build. I think it will be a slow and difficult job......so much easier to tempt a willing seller!
Heres some of the interplay at another place:
The Traditional Fisherman's Forum • View topic - The "Fishing Magic" Concept Rod

Thanks again.
Mike

barbelbonce

Reaction score
If anyone has PM'd me about this, I have just been told (many thanks sagalout) that I did not have PMs enabled in my User CP. I thought they were but I think I must have failed to save the setting.
So, if you have, please re-send (said he more in hope than anger!!).
Mike