what rod ???????

mark baalham

Reaction score
hi guys being new to fishing i was wondering what rod do you use if you use a method feeder. i have a float rod, feeder rod and a carp rod. aslo what is the rig set up???? stupid question i know . thanks for any replys mark.

Specihunter

Reaction score
what test curve is your carp rod ?if its over 2 3/4 lb use that , you may get away with 2 1/2lb but only just .

mark baalham

Reaction score
they are both 2 3/4lb test. i imagine it would be used will a bite alarm ??????

Reaction score
what sort of fish will you be targeting? i assume carp? if they are not massive fish then your usual feeder rod with 4oz tip would be ideal. 2 1/2lb tc rod seems a little excessive to me unless you are planning to use the method for big speimen size carp then yes i would go with your carp rod set up as normal on your buzzer. otherwise just fish it with a feeder tip rod the same way you would fish any other feeder or lead.
There are others who could tell you better than me but thats the way i would go.
Hope this helps

Reaction score
O as for the rig, the method is fished in-line with normally a small hooklength from the bottom eye of the feeder.you mould your groundbait arount the frame of the feeder then place your hook on it and mould a little more bait on top of this.

It used to be the norm to use a hard ball of groundbait that the fish would actually nose at to break up to get at the feed but now people seem to use a softer mix.there are many types of groundbait to choose from, i quite like the mojo stuff.

Bites are often quite positive tugs of the rod tip so dont loose that rod!