Hello! Another new forum member...

stuart_s

Reaction score
Hello all,

I thought it was about time to join the forum, seeing as I've been receiving FM emails for a while now, which are generally good reading, and have read the varied commentary from many of the FM members on the said articles. I can't promise to be on the forum every day or even week, but I will try to do my bit to contribute where my tuppence worth adds value!

By way of background.... early 40s, married, 3 kids, 2 dogs, mortgage, job, not a great deal of spare time to go fishing, from London but have lived in Worcestershire for the past decade. I used to fish club, team and open matches (mainly in and around London and Hertfordshire), but due to work and family commitments and a preference for natural venues (and canals) my fishing these days is very much pleasure based with catching chub and barbel from the Warks Avon and Severn and occasional trips south to the Kennet, Thames and Lea, bream and roach from any lakes/ponds, the odd match on club and commercial pools and even a bit of specimen carp fishing. Although without doubt my favourite method is fishing the wag and mag on running water for good sized chevins!

I have previously organised matches including opens on another forum, but haven't frequented that site in a number of years.

And the interesting bit...... I work for the Angling Trust (since 2011) and manage their finance and business work. Having spent two decades working in insolvency I took a huge career change (and pay cut) to do something different and work for a small, growing business that needed a little help and direction - cue the gamekeeper to poacher jokes! The A/Trust is far from where it wants to be or should be, but a great deal of change has occurred over it's short lifetime and there are plans to take it much further. I will gladly answer questions and dispel myths about the Trust where possible. Although as I am not paid to be on here to do that, please have patience if I do not respond immediately. And no, I won't be brow-beating anyone to join; it's not the way to sell any product or service!

Stuart