Carp Rods

Medders

Reaction score
When in doubt, ask the panel!!!! Here goes..........

I'm looking to upgrade my carp rods and although I appreciate you get what you pay foretc, I can't justify spunkingtoo much. I'm looking to spend approx £100 for 2 and am looking at the Wychwood Rogue X......seems to be good value for money. Any comments,has anyone gotthem? The other option Ihave looked at is the Shimano Alivio BX. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.......thanks for your time.

Reaction score
I would look out for the shakespeare NCI carp rods, a nice bit of kit for the money, you should even have some cash left for some new line and a pack of boilies,

Or Berkley B4's another nice rod, bit like marmite, you either love the handle or hate it,

Or ESP Paragons (Look around and you will find them for under ?50 each

Or Fox Warriors, bit common though and i personally prefer the others,

There are literaly hundreds of rods for that price range, stick to the main manufacterers and you will be fine, but go to more than one tackle shop and try loads of rods in the shop,

Take your reel with you as you will find some rods fit some reels better, For instance my mates rods do not like being paired with my bait runners but it is perfect with his big pits

Ryan

Medders

Reaction score
Cheers Ryan, I suppose it is easy to take for granted that a reel will fit nicely....good point mate. I've been checking out the Berkleys aswell, I've got a Berkley B-Hive Bivvy and love it......the B4s do look nice to. Will check out the Shakespeares to....thanks mate.