powdered cheese feed

dead peg

Reaction score
just wondered if anyone has mixed a powdered cheese feed to breadcrumb , to use in the feeder on rivers with cheesepaste or crust/flake on the hook ?
the smell would be more pungent & attractive to chub/barbel than just breadcrumb feed ? anyone tried it ?
thanks for any advice

chav professor

Reaction score
I can seriously recommend this stuff....
bluecheeseSAC010_zps5a5fe640.jpg

Its not a powder... its a predigested liquid food... its made from real blue cheese and still has the same live cultures found in the original cheese.

Check out the fb page... there is a 10% deal on all LaGuna products at the moment.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Laguna-Fishing-Products/132518333470065?ref=hl

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

I caught plenty of Chub dipping my flake into the blue cheese SAC prior to casting in. If you wished, could use it to mix breadcrumb based groundbait?

dead peg

Reaction score
Thanks Chav Prof ... Ive seen an angler doing well adding a cheese spray to his crusts in the winter , although he told me the spray was discontinued :( That SAC juice is just the sort of thing I was looking for , that thing that can give your bait an smell and edge . I'll get some ordered ... appreciate the info :)

laguna

Reaction score
53 chub over 4lb (so far this year)

Seriously well done indeed on the chub front Christian that’s some going by anyone’s standard. :w

dead peg

Reaction score
Thanks Lord Paul , I was thinking of diluting some in water then adding it to crumb feed . An atomizer would help me get the amount just right .. :)

vort

Reaction score
How about using some actual blue cheese whizzed up in a liquidiser with a bit of water?

chav professor

Reaction score
How about using some actual blue cheese whizzed up in a liquidiser with a bit of water?

Too thick and lumpy to atomize... but great edition to bread mash I'd imagine, if thats the way you wanted to roll... There is something special about cheese. I wonder if its the profile of micro-organisms that are involved in the complex break down of the milk proteins.

I have a few thoughts on cheese paste that i could well share in the near future;)

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

53 chub over 4lb (so far this year)

Seriously well done indeed on the chub front Christian that’s some going by anyone’s standard. :w

Cheers Chris:)

chav professor

Reaction score
The first thing I should say, is I use a number of different techniques... at the moment its simply stalking/bread/naturals etc... I find it easiest to look for the fish and then fish for them.

After dark, or in winter, this is where flavoured baits come into their own. This is one method I use the Blue Cheese SAC..
waveney9thaugust002_zps3233260e.jpg

Is it flavouring a bait? Its really bread soaked in pre-digested Blue Cheese - its pretty potent stuff. Its more like 'fooding' it up...lol

One of many Chub caught using bread dippied in BlueCheese SAC juice...
lastchubof2012010_zpsd1c51967.jpg

waveney_chubber

Reaction score
I'm not convinced and I don't actually think that it matters one bit whether the flavor or attractant is either naturally derived or artificial - if the chub want it they will have it, simple as that, provided you put it in the right place to begin with of course!

If you want to add some cheese powder to your bread (preferably liquidized) then you have a few options at your disposal.

1. Buy a packet cheese sauce from the supermarket and add that.
2. Buy some blue cheese powder from a bait supplier such as ccmoore (1kg will last you years!)

If you want to go down the liquid route then there are some very good cheese flavors on the market. Nutrabaits Cheese Elite is one of the best as is Richworth's Blue Cheese but imo, the best cheese flavor ever produced was Hutchy's Smelly Cheese. Don't know why but that flavor stood head and shoulders above all others and continues to do the business even today.

The sky is the limit when it comes to flavors so let you imagination run wild. Some times some really unusual flavor combinations work the best. Think outside the box! For chub I rate cheese and cheese flavored baits are at the top of the list closely followed by fishy and spicy flavors.

Note - John Bakers Taste Liquid food smells absolutely disgusting (like liquid vomit) but is a highly effective additive to you bread mash. ;) Try mixing it with some Spectrum Milk & Cream and a touch of garlic for a superbly creamy cheesy garlic flavored additive. Smell like some one has puked in your bucket of mashed bread but the chub love it as the milk and cream makes a lovely cloud in the water which draws them from a long way downstream.

Last edited: