Fish Wish List?

B

binka

I hate to be saying it but i'm looking towards the Autumn and thinking about what I want to target which prompted the question does anyone have a current "fish wish" that they intend on targeting?

I would like a truly big perch over the 4lb mark and will be looking to do something about it in a few weeks time but would be happy with a three... I've had several 2+'s in recent years and a 3+ many years ago from a Lincolnshire drain and the river will be the place i'll be focusing on.

A first double figure zander will be the other target and once again from the river... I hope to get at least one of the two under my belt but if I don't I know i'll have had some fun trying.

There are a few other things, like a hundred gonks in a sitting before the weather turns colder, I had some great fun doing it some years ago on the Chesterfield Canal but haven't tried it since and quite fancy another crack at it :)

Anyone got an upcoming agenda... individual fish or a combined bag of maybe?

C

chefster

At least 100 lb + of carp at Toft Carp lake tomorrow on my match!!!:D:D

barbelboi

Reaction score
Although I don't spend most of my time carp fishing these days a 40lb plus carp (local), I've been so close on a few occasions over the years at a couple of old pits that I fish that It's going to happen
praying-to-god-smiley-emoticon.gif
.........................that's probably my easiest pb to beat, apart from Zander as I've never fished for them or caught one - only tame ones at OBH in my neck of the woods, not worth the effort:wh

flightliner

Reaction score
Other than maybe a double figure tench most of my realistic angling ambitions have been realised tho thats not to say I dont want to continue with more successes where big/lots/variety is concerned.
I tend to take it a day at a time nowadays enjoying the twists and turns that angling keeps throwing up. But like your good self Binka a four lb perch would just be a pb for me too.
I hope your quest is fruitfull.

black rod

Reaction score
Spring is just around the corner for me and I'm going to target the big koi in my local stretch of the Waikato river, On my wish list is a 20lb + koi, 20lb + grass carp and a 2lb Rudd.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Two pound river roach, as always.

I knows they're in there somewhere.

They certainly are Maceo, a rare 2lb river roach always brings a smile to my face these days, in the 60's and 70's they were what I'd expect in an evening's fishing.
Jerry

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
apart from Zander as I've never fished for them or caught one - only tame ones at OBH in my neck of the woods, not worth the effort

Skippy-baiting methinks? :)
I want to catch a wye salmon on a fly and if I win the lottery, a golden dorado

cg74

Reaction score
A 50lb UK carp, preferably a common and hopefully an unknown fish. It's highly unlikely but I can dream.... :)

A 14lb snotty, I believe it's only a matter of time.

And the most wanted of my list, an 8lb chub, they're out there, I've just got find one and tempt it onto my hook!

terry m

Reaction score
A 30lb + pike has been on the Wanted list for many years and will probably remain there for many more, but I continue to live in hope and keep trying!

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
A five pound Perch would be the icing on the cake for me. Not much chance of a forty pound Pike nowaday's for a number of reasons, but the longing for a five pound stripey is a fire that just won't die down. I know they exist, and where, but so far these ''here today, gone tomorrow'' buggers have eluded me.

nicepix

Reaction score
I don't have a wish list as such. What I try to do is get the best out of the venues I fish and enjoy the versatility of the sport.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Never been one to chase targets particularly though I wouldn't mind another tame double figure zander or a catfish of any size/description.

I'm teetering on the brink of becoming crucian obsessed currently but I shall resist. A 3lb-er would be nice but not from Marsh Farm.

flightliner

Reaction score
I'm teetering on the brink of becoming crucian obsessed currently but I shall resist. A 3lb-er would be nice but not from Marsh Farm.
Share this post on Twitter
Share on Facebook
I know a lake ,surprisingly not that far a distance from where I sit now thats done four plusses, not surprisingly guys from up here travel all the way down to MF.:j:j:j:

barbelboi

Reaction score
Never been one to chase targets particularly though I wouldn't mind another tame double figure zander or a catfish of any size/description.

Skippy, there's a pit that's not far away that's produced a few 4's over the last couple of seasons - pm on the way.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I know a lake ,surprisingly not that far a distance from where I sit now thats done four plusses, not surprisingly guys from up here travel all the way down to MF.:j:j:j:

Jolly good luck to them too. I've never done any good at MF though everyone else seems to turn up & catch crucians almost to order. Over the years I've had the odd bogey water where no matter what I do I fail to catch and I think MF might be another. Shame...its a nice place and not that far from here.

stuart_s

Reaction score
I'll be chasing barbel mainly for the next month or two (plus a few club matches), but after that it'll be chub season. Bags of 3lbers will do nicely, but any big chevin over 6lb (or 7... or 8) would be most welcome!