BAKE LAKES FISHERY

B.JOHN

Reaction score
Evenin All

Not posted for a while was just wondering if anyone has fished at Bake Lakes fishery in Cornwall.Going down this weekend for a nice(hopefully) 2 week break staying at a campsite in Looe.

Found the above fishery on T'internet and it looks quite decent!

Would appreciate any info best baits etc if anyone has been there!

Thanks a lot!

B

Bill Cox

Yes i have fished Bake lots of times. They are all easy ponds to fish with any good bait scoring well. The specimen lake has decent Carp, Bream, and tench in it but it is plagued by small stuff particularly suicidel tench about 6 to 10 ounces which will eat anything they can get in there gobs.

Bill

B

Bill Cox

yes they are growing well for tench, but if you want tench then any of the other ponds have more and larger fish. I won't fish it because i don't see why i should pay the premium price to fish the specimen lake and be pestered by small tench and bream.

B

Bill Cox

Yes he's a nice bloke Tony lister, rumour has it he is selling up when his lease runs out next year. Don't believe it though.

maritimesbob

Reaction score
Sorry to dredge up and old post..

Has anyone fished this place in recent times and could give me some ideas of how it fishes these days?

As it's just down the road from my place and me having only recently taken up coarse fishing (after a break of twenty years!), it looks the ideal place to make a fresh start and all that. Bit pricey mind for a day ticket, or perhaps I'm a bit out of touch on the day tickets costs nowadays!

Popping out tomorrow to pick up some more tackle in my efforts to rekit myself!

maritimesbob

Reaction score
I fished this place for the first time today. Opted for the Flamingo lake as it was empty and looked quite tempting for margin fishing with a waggler.

Had a great day, bagging around 90lb of various carp, small tench, rudd and some wonderful crucian carp which were the highlight for me. Biggest carp was a strange looking stretched out mirror that weight a tad over 8lb.

I started bagging them in the net, but gave up as I knew the net would be overcrowded before long.

Apparently the Dunes lakes which is their silvers lake is also bagging up on carp ranging from 3-6lb. Spoke to one fella who claims to have got 150lb-ish a few days back.

Fished the corn waggler, 4lb mainline, 3.5lb hooklength, just on the bottom, drennan size 12 specimen hook, sweetcorn and spam bait.

Highly recommend if you want a bagging session, but as this topic was started in the Carp forum, I cannot comment on their specimen lake but I could hear lots of the dreaded bleepers in the distance!