How did everyone get on then?

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
I revisited an old estate lake for the first time in 25 years for tench. Thankfully it had not been transformed into a carp fishery in the meantime, but has been transformed into a cr*p fishery instead.

The place still looks lovely, virtually unchanged really except the water was a bit clearer and the dam more overgrown as few anglers bother with it these days (no carp present or or night fishing allowed). Also they dont bother because there are no fish to speak of bar a few little perch or a very occasional tench. Cormorants and clear shallow water do not mix. I also heard it may have been ottered. The once magnificent Rudd are now long gone, the formerly abundant tench (typically 6-12 fish a session at 3-5Ib in those days) are barely hanging on - so i am told - as i certainly didnt see any.

jimlad

Reaction score
Good morning on the swale trotting a stick float and single caster. All around the 4lb mark, great fun on light float gear. The new drennan acolyte is an amazing rod.

P1020637_zps63247ea4.jpg

P1020640_zps7ee1912a.jpg

B

binka

Great catch Jimlad, well done mate... a smattering of bits too by the look of it to keep you busy in between the clonkers :)

I really need to get the stick floats out...

cg74

Reaction score
Jimlad, they're some of the best looking chub I've seen in a longtime, such dark vivid colours, a rarity around my way.

jimlad

Reaction score
Cheers.

There were a couple of grayling and four or five chublets as well. Really enjoyable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aebitim

Reaction score
Ah no photos, but thurs days barbie went well , didnt rain and we caught some macks, so after wed with d and t and a quick bass bash last and this eve all is well.

Keith M

Reaction score
Great reports lads, I am on Holiday with the wife and your reports have me chomping at the bit with withdrawal symptoms; can't wait to get back on my local stream after them Barbel & Chub. LOL

Some really good fish there.

Keith