Banned
Reaction score
Grouse 1 to Grouse 2: "What day is it?"

Grouse 2: "Monday."

Grouse 1: "I know it's Monday. The date, birdbrain."

"Grouse 2: "Oh, the 12th isn't it....?"

Grouse 1: "Aye, it is that. And the month...?"

Grouse 2: "Must be August..."

Grouse 1: "Oh shoot! No wonder the Hen harriers left last week. D'ya think Ryanair has any last-minute flights available for anywhere but here....?"

Scotland has the most inequitable land ownership in the west. Why? | UK news | The Observer

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've done a few fishy Macnabs, the "best" being:

In Britain (in a 24-hour period, all on fly bar the last mentioned which fell to floatfished bread): Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout, Salmon, Sea-Trout, Bass and Mullet (all from the same river and its estuary).

In South America: Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout, Brook Trout and two now comparatively rare indigenous species mostly pushed out by the introduced salmonids a century or so ago, "Perca" (imagine a saltwater grouper-Largemouth bass hybrid) and "pejerrey" (imagine a Super Bleak), all from one small chalkstream-like springcreek.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Had 9 different species fishing stick float and maggot / caster from the Thames at Eton Wick one night - does that count?? :)

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's a mixed bag, dorset - no social cachet and future dinner party fare whatsoever! Bit like me shooting a Banker, a Hedgie and an Estate Agent one morning before breakfast the other year...

Last edited: