Sensor Cleaning

W

Wolfman Woody

Arctic Butterfly sensor cleaner

Albeit, you can get one FREE by taking out an annual subscription to Digital Photo magazine that each month includes a CD on Photoshop techniques as well.

Can't be that bad for value, can it?

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
Cheers Woody.

Re the DP cd's, I attempted to load mine this month for a tutorial on Adobe PS and it kept flashing warnings about how they wouldn't accept liability for any viruses that might be on the disc. Put me right off and I binned it unwatched./forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

Chris,

Don't bin it! - NICHT IT BINNEN! /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

When it loads in Firefox or IE - kill it. Leave the disc in your drive and go to Windows Explorer. Find the disk and one of the folders on it has all the video tutorials in it.

Copy them to you hard drive - you name the folder. You can then check them for viruses (bet you don't find any) and after play them with Windows Media Player. You can also copy over the demo files as well if you want to use them.

With every copy, keep saving them to the same folder ( or different folders for each month) on your hard drive and you'll end up with a library of helpful tutorials.

Colin Brett

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Chris Hammond ( SAA, RSPB ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Cheers Woody.

Re the DP cd's, I attempted to load mine this month for a tutorial on Adobe PS and it kept flashing warnings about how they wouldn't accept liability for any viruses that might be on the disc. Put me right off and I binned it unwatched./forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif</blockquote>

Chris you are a tart!!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

You are always telling me you haven't got time to do the tutorials!

Didn't I download a load for you?? and tell me you don't have time!

Live dangerously man!!/forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif

Check the disk with your virus scanner.

Your friend,

Colin

P

pons

Compressed air from Jessops .

Be bloody careful before doing diy on camera sensors with kits.

Pons

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
I know Colin, I know. /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

I'm hoping they run an evening course at one of the colleges this year. THey ran an Adobe Photoshop course at the West Suffolk college last year, I think it cost around £260. If they do it again this year I'm enrolling.

I have tried a couple of DVD tutorials (Possibly those you gave me) but I'm pretty hopeless at picking up technical stuff from books, and the like. They always seem to refer to a slightly different version of PS than mine, and once 'it doesn't do exactly what it says on the tin' I'm bolloxed.

Regards Chris

Colin Brett

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Chris Hammond ( SAA, RSPB ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I know Colin, I know. /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

I'm hoping they run an evening course at one of the colleges this year. THey ran an Adobe Photoshop course at the West Suffolk college last year, I think it cost around £260. If they do it again this year I'm enrolling.

I have tried a couple of DVD tutorials (Possibly those you gave me) but I'm pretty hopeless at picking up technical stuff from books, and the like. They always seem to refer to a slightly different version of PS than mine, and once 'it doesn't do exactly what it says on the tin' I'm bolloxed.

Regards Chris</blockquote>

Chris,

We must get together when I get home from Ireland. I don't say I'm that great with PS but at least you can get a hands on approach and see how much you do know. There aren't that many operations you would really need to master as you have a good eye, just a shame about the camera/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Colin