Appropriate winter weather ware...

chav professor

Reaction score
I like to re-wax the barbour jacket in the warm summer months and leave it to hang discreetly in the conservatory to allow the wax to penetrate the heavy wax cotton. To be fair, I do need a new pair of wellies... But.... But fortunately, Mums taken care of the extreme knit-ware conundrum.....

I think this will cut quite a dash on the river bank!

hingemeat012_zps293ef481.jpg

chav professor

Reaction score
I was the damaged individual that never got picked to play on anyones side when playing football in P.E. :( My Mum makes it up to me by knitting me stuff every now and then:)

laguna

Reaction score
Good ol' mum!

Fantastic nit wear Christian, will you be getting yellow wellies?
(my brother and I went to school in yellow wellies and I wore short pants till I we were 13 yo- its tru!):eek:mg:

---------- Post added at 08:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

never got picked to play on anyones side when playing football
Remember Kes? That was me swinging on the goal post...

chav professor

Reaction score
To be fair, could of done with a bit more yellow.... but personally, I really went for the day glow pink!

---------- Post added at 00:24 ---------- Previous post was at 00:20 ----------

Funny you say that Chris, I usually got stuck freezing at a goal end... I loved the way you would be screamed at as they expected some kind of enthusiastic gesture to save a goal...

laguna

Reaction score
I played every position going, full back right/left wing centre forward... they put me in goal cos I had two left feet, then relegated me to the line equipped with flag and all but poor calls/understanding of the rules sent me back to the dressing room... for a ciggy!

chav professor

Reaction score
I played every position going, full back right/left wing centre forward... they put me in goal cos I had two left feet, then relegated me to the line equipped with flag and all but poor calls/understanding of the rules sent me back to the dressing room... for a ciggy!

Oh, you can have such fun as a disgruntled linesman... :D

cg74

Reaction score
Christian, looking at that monstrosity around your neck, it makes me wonder if you're somehow related to Phil Smith, what with his taste in jumpers........ :D

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Oh, you can have such fun as a disgruntled linesman... :D

Slight tangent I'm afraid.

You can have even more as a disgruntled supporter. When I was an eight year old child my older cousins dragged me along to a Millwall Christmas fixture, it was only the second pro game that I had been to. The linesman made some, even to my young eyes, awful decisions. The crowd began to barrack him and he put his hands behind his back and flicked them the "V" sign. As if it was one, the crowd of mainly dockers cleared their collective throats and gobbed, it looked like the scene from Agincourt as hundreds of phlegmy missiles arced through the air and hung from him like tinsel from a Christmas tree. I had never until that day seen adlults behave like that, it quite made my day, nearly fifty years on I remember it like it was yesterday.

Oh, nice scarf by the way. If you get her to knit another you could get a couple of mates to wear them and approach you from either side of your swim like beaters, you'll end up on a shed-full.

obadele7rackow

Reaction score
Winterrrrrr,,, really cold here!!
I along with my family always have to wear warm clothes, but stuff that are actually fashionable i.e something that was really in style last winter were Ugg boots. I had a pair of fake ones since it cheap :) :) that worked just fine.
You can wear jeans, they're trendy and don't make you freeze but if it's crazy-cold you might feel a slight chill in your legs.

chav professor

Reaction score
I'll bare that in mind... I usually get a pair of Aigle, Hunters (not the same since not made in the UK) or some other good quality real rubber welly....... I will give Ugg boots careful consideration.... would they match the scarf?

chav professor

Reaction score
Come on lads, Obodele is just intervening to ensure i look the part... Its important for a boy to look totally bootylicious on the bank...... Specially on those crazy-cold days... Brrrrrrr....

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Have a feeling THIS will be the winter of our discount tents.......:)

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

We'll be seeing you in Lady Gaga videos next.......:)

dangermouse

Reaction score
Well at least it covers up your knees :p

If it hadn`t already been announced I would have thought it was a picture of the new Doctor.

alexandro8100

Reaction score
Winterrrrrr,,, really cold here!!
I along with my family always have to wear warm clothes, but stuff that are actually fashionable i.e something that was really in style last winter were Ugg boots. I had a pair of fake ones since it cheap :) :) that worked just fine.
You can wear jeans, they're trendy and don't make you freeze but if it's crazy-cold you might feel a slight chill in your legs.

I am totally agree with you. You are 100% good here that you can use jeans, they are stylish and do not create you lock up but if it's crazy cold you might experience a minor cool in your feet.

View our wide range | Above Ground Pools

Last edited: