good days fishing for the lad yesterday

robertt

Reaction score
Had it planned for last 2 weeks to take the lad fishing down river Trent at clifton opposite beeston. Even bought my rod licence 2 weeks ago.
Set out early at 5.30 after loading up my bike with the rods. Got down there and wanted 1 of 2 pegs and got my 2nd choice which was quite happy with. Got about setting up quite quickly as saw loads of dace coming to top and what looked like heading down towards Clifton bridge. The got set and started fishing with maggots, close to the peg we was fishing, and after a hour of trial and error he caught his first ever dace at 7.30. Then after that nothing at that peg, and got forced to move due to peg becoming flooded and was gutted.
so after bagging back up hopped on our bikes and moved couple of hundred yards up the Trent to a open flat bit, and once again lad fished maggots close to where we was set up, and after a hour of nothing. The lad got 2 tench within 15 minutes of each other. The dace he caught was the biggest of them all, and can't say weights as forgot my scales. :-( now wish had taken them.
The dace was the biggest been the size of my lads hands, and each tench was the width of the lads hands.

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the weights.
Sounds like you had a nice mornings fishing.
It reminded me of going down the canal with my dad back in the 70s.

robertt

Reaction score
he absolutely loved it he did. am hoping he does carry on with it when he is older as my dad took me when i was little and i will do same with my 2 younger lads when they are abit older.