baits

aaron martin

Reaction score
hi i am thinking of making my own carp baits os there any tips anyone can offer i have neard to try to make them as smelly as possible but i am sure there are more tips to be had apart from that .

cheers aaron.

KAR

Reaction score
Hi, Aaron. Here are a couple I found doing a quick Google.

http://www.carp-uk.net/articles/boilies.htm

http://www.millenniumbaits.com/Articles.htmhttp://www.carp-passion.com/Bait/Making-Boilies.htm

Apparently when using hemp seed etc. with PVA its best to just buy it because they make it and ensure all the flavours are encased in the bag or something like that because when you boil them the flavours will come out into the water. Maybe look into that because I really dont know.

aaron martin

Reaction score
am going to have a go at making my baits up today its gonna be mayhem in the kitchen.

R

Roto Fryer

pm me for some advice or do a search on boilie recepies.

KAR

Reaction score
I might have to nick some off you tomorrow. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

aaron martin

Reaction score
well they didnt work out as i thought they would but never mind they worked as an kind of addative to mix with normal breadcrumb to enhance the normal boring smell and flavour.

KAR

Reaction score
Nothing works at that crappy pond./forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

KAR

Reaction score
Country Park, its not bad for silverfish but if you're looking for Tench, Carp or anything other than Roach and Rudd don't get your hopes up. I did catch a little 2lb 5oz common there once though so I guess I just got lucky.

NIGE K

Reaction score
is that cleethorpes country park its supposed to have some nice tench and carp in there.

KAR

Reaction score
Yeah, Cleethorpes. Aaron has hooked into a carp. Perhaps 10lb but he got smashed. In 11 hours on boilies, maggots, meat, bread and plenty of groundbait - never caught anything.

NIGE K

Reaction score
i have only fished it once for a couple of hoursjust to try out a new rod.i was thereone day last week walking with the wife and saw a bloke catch a carp not big though about 7lb.

KAR

Reaction score
I think it might be best to talk to a few people who have caught a few carp there and see what baits seem to work best. I saw a couple of guys spodding the other week there and they was catching. Nothing big only 5-8lbs so it might be a good idea to try that.

Nige, are you in the Lincs area? Just wondering if you knew of any decent ponds or fisheries?

Cheers.

NIGE K

Reaction score
im in grimsby i tend to fish butterswood fishery ingoxhill quite alot, pigeon cottage isnt bad andoham lakes is ok tattershalparks got some nice tench and carp.but i have just joined scunny police angling club and when my ticket comes im gonna try some of there waters.

http://www.scunthorpepoliceangling.co.uk/

KAR

Reaction score
I heard Buttersood is good, Was thinking of trying out Pigeon Cottage to next week. I heard of S.P.A.C a while ago but never looked into it, thanks for the link. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

NIGE K

Reaction score
no neverbut i walk along there sometimes there are some nice roach in there

aaron martin

Reaction score
apparently there is nice carp an pike but i think you are more likely to catch a shopping trolley in there. lol

KAR

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>aaron martin wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>apparently there is nice carp an pike but i think you are more likely to catch a shopping trolley in there. lol</blockquote>There have been some good 10lb+ Pike caught in there.