Hi

numptyfish

Reaction score
Hi i am Steve, a very new beginner to carp fishing.

I live in East Anglia and have only fished 4 times, 2 of those at the same lake (Marsh Trail)

I have only 6 carp to my name with the heaviest weighing in at 5lb but i have lost far heavier......lol.

I fish with my brother in law and brother as often as i can but home life dictates those times which are not often enough.

I started with one rod then quickly progressed to 2 rods after the 3rd trip, it is certainly more fun with 2 rods and not quite as relaxing as with one but it is enjoyable.

I have made my own ground bait but that was a failure and to be honest wasn't really cost effective so i am now back to the shop bought stuff and adding a few extras.

I use boilies, maggots, lunchoen meat, sweetcorn infact pretty much everything i hope will work.

Steve

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
A nice friendly bunch

The site is usually pretty friendly, just don't mention "the War"

Barbel War that is, 'cos that's when the handbags really start to fly . . . . . . . nails have been known to be completely broken and tights laddered as well.

[note, some of the above might not actually be true, but it is bloody close . . . . . . ]

numptyfish

Reaction score
The site is usually pretty friendly, just don't mention "the War"

Barbel War that is, 'cos that's when the handbags really start to fly . . . . . . . nails have been known to be completely broken and tights laddered as well.

[note, some of the above might not actually be true, but it is bloody close . . . . . . ]

Don't worry, i don't like my hair being pulled or my mascara running! :)