Cat, Bristol - Grrrr!

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
My mate's cat Tricky Woo [and never was there a cat more inappropriately named ] once brought him home a full grown mallard drake. The trouble was Woo Boy left it tucked out of sight and Big Phil only found it a week later by reverse tracking the maggots marching across his carpet.

I'm not a fan of cats but "The Woo" was a bit special. He would fight anything that came anywhere near his turf and was often to be seen locked in furious combat with some unsuspecting victim who invariably took a right pasting. A proper "Battle Cat".

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that Lucifer (together with his pure white sister, Beezle [Beelzebub] routinely wiped out not only my other farm cats and those of two neighbouring farms, but also my three dogs, two Dobermans and Punky (named several years before "Punk" became a Pistols thing), himself a pretty 'handy', 'You lookin' at me?" Welsh Collie Cross. No contest when it came to Lucy (a laid-back lounge-lizard male with Hannibal Lecter tendencies) and Beez'. I saw them see off foxes and badgers visiting the farmyard several times. Respect.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Cat taking on a badger? Big respect. I once accidentally hit one with my Land Rover. It merely bounced off, glared at me and appeared to mumble the badger equivilant of the most filthy Midshipman English my mind could conjur up.

They're tough old beggars are badgers so big respect to a moggy with enough Kahunas to get its knuckles dirty. :)

B

binka

The only things my cats bring me back are livestock.

One memorable occasion was around 3am one morning when I was awoken by a loud banging downstairs in the kitchen and I thought someone was booting the back door in!

After hastily slipping on a pair of jeans and running downstairs in full battle mode I was met with the sight of a cat attempting to drag a pigeon in through the cat flap except that the pigeon's wings were outstretched which resulted in one hell of a tug of war.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My brother had a Persian cat and it used to lay on the lawn so that the house martins would div bomb it and the sod could snatch them in mid flight out of the air.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seen in the U.S. Moldy Chum fishing blog's Caturday series just now. The Cat Menace is becoming critical, I reckon - they're making tuition films now.

[ame=http://youtu.be/kexc4rCfu0s]찰진 손맛 - YouTube[/ame]

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One billion Indians and ever rising, leopard not taking this population increase lying down - here is the latest "Get orf moi land / out of my last bit of jungle!" attack that I noted but did not bother to look at the other day:

Leopard Bites Terrified Man On Bottom

Shepherds in the Himalaya have long kept huge, almost mastiff-like dogs to guard their camps and flocks from leopard (a leopard likes nothing more than a bit of easy dog meat - reason why they come into towns and end up having run-ins with the occupants). The shepherds' dogs wear great leather collars studded with long nails to prevent a leopard from ripping their throats out. If you saw those dogs, you'd give them a wide berth as I did a few times as a flock and its owners passed me when I was trout or mahseer fishing up in the hills. Mere Kit-e-Kat on the paw for a leopard, however. I have time for leopards.

PS - Just remembered during a watery walk that I have some slides somewhere of a pair of lovely, wild-haired three- or four-year -old girls, the daughters of a nomadic shepherding family, riding two of those great nail-armoured dogs along a mountain track, still others of them slipping off the dogs' backs and hugging them with beaming smiles. If we tried that, we'd be minus a head or face.

Last edited:

denzinho

Reaction score
Wow, Even cats are doing it now!. Not surprised tbh Bedminster is a **** hole in the least.

dangermouse

Reaction score
Cat taking on a badger? Big respect. I once accidentally hit one with my Land Rover. It merely bounced off, glared at me and appeared to mumble the badger equivilant of the most filthy Midshipman English my mind could conjur up.

They're tough old beggars are badgers so big respect to a moggy with enough Kahunas to get its knuckles dirty. :)

Then bow down (in your best Wayne`s World style) to the Bayou Brawler, Mugsy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yHnnLZqqSY