What a long stange trip it's been

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
- in getting the British public (and some of our own number, for that matter) to understand what actually goes on in the wild and how it ain't all Sunday teatime soft-focus cuddly or just their own view from their home-from-home bivvy.

Good to see Iolo Williams, a very sound no-nonsense lad, tackle native Red Squirrels v. the Grey Invaders head-on in the first minutes of this well-shot (the Greys need to be, he tells viewers), Sunday peak-time programme - BBC iPlayer - Britain's Big Wildlife Revival: Woodland

Stange? Strange. A line from Jerry Garcia of The Grateful Dead.

barbelboi

Reaction score
On the plus box, not watched it yet - Didn't Hugh Miles film a later episode about aquatic life..............er, Grrrrr?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Unfortunately there is a big difference between blasting greys on distant Anglesey and taking the things out wholesale in the leafy suburbs of the home counties. I'm with Jonny Rico on this one "Kill them....kill them all ! "

Never seen a red in the wild....at this rate I never will.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have been doing my own bit vis-a-vis Greys for well over forty years - putting their tails into the one of very best sea-trout patterns - squirrel blue and silver fly - Google Search

Their pelts dyed in a host of "buggy" browns, olives and tans make fine trout and grayling nymphs, too.

I have a cardboard box of tying materials (one of many in two stacks virtually reaching to the ceiling) to my left as I write this:

"Tails: Fox (Euro Red and Arctic farmed); Bulk Squirrel Tails"