Bait Machines

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
They were ment to be the next best thing since sliced bread.

Great if you needed some bait late at night or very early morning, but they did'nt stay around long. I used a couple a few times, one in Newport Pagnell and one in Hoddesdon but both have gone now.

They were not cheap the casters always seemed to be ok, maggots and worms i found a little smelly.

Did you use one, and are there any still around?

C

Cakey

theres still one at The Fish and Eels and one at Fourways Garage Hoddesdon

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Norfolk broads used to have them as well,not sure now though.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
There is one attached next to a petrol station on the road into Northampton just as you go over the river.

I used the ones in Germany many years ago and they were great for those last minute sessions.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Slime,

i am not sure but i think it was about 1988 to 1990 time.

Trev,

The one i knew in Newport Pagnell was also in a garage, as most were, that was before you went over the river.

Cakey,

Simpsons maggots are very good, as are their casters.

Gary Dolman

Reaction score
In France you can buy your fresh bait, along with your tackle, at any decent sized supermarket, maggots, pinkies, worms, all in a dedicated bait fridge. OK for hook baits but there are only 2 or 300 in a tub, which is mainly sawdust, I reckon a pint would cost you about 20 euro,s.

I guess the sawdust is to mask any smells, mind you the smell of fresh meat & fish in a french supermarket takes some getting used to.