New member.

chris521957

Reaction score
Hi all. My name is Chris, i live in Preston Lancs and am looking to take up catfishing. I have been an angler for over 45 years now, mostly coarse, matches, then done a bit of carping, but not very seriously. I have been looking at going after cats for a couple of years now, and feel like i am ready to take the plunge now. I have a couple of 2.25 carp rods and a couple of baitrunners loaded with 15 and 18lb line. I am expecting to have to beef up my tackle when i get into the bigger cats, but for now i just want to catch any cat. There are a couple of little venues round this area that are supposed to hold a few smaller cats, and these are the ones i will be starting out on until i get used to catching, fighting with and handling the cats properly. Over the next few weeks i will be asking for advice on tackle, baits and tactics, so that i am fairly well equipped for when i got out for(hopefully ) my first cat. If anyone has any suggestions on a good venue to start with a few small cats in, i would be grateful if you could let me know. The more venues i can get to the better for me. Please take into account that i work quite a lot of hours so would have to be fairly close to Preston and i would only be able to fish day ticket waters( the mrs dont like to sleep alone). Cheers for now and look forward to chatting to you and picking your brains.
Tight lines. Chris.

chris521957

Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes. Trip to the Ebro eh??????. In my dreams at the moment. Maybe if my numbers come up tonight. Cheers. Chris.