Does anyone know?

kickstart

Reaction score
The thread size of banksticks, alarms, rod rests etc. I am attempting to attach my Alarms to a Sea fishing Tripod but I just cannot find the right nut to mount it to the horizontal bar.

An alternative way to explain what I am seeking is to ask what size bolt would fit a bankstick

I have just gone through the entire collection of nuts/bolts in my local hardware shop to no avail.

Cheers
K

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
It's possible the nuts and bolts in you local hardware shop will be metric so they wouldn't fit.
The answers above are correct 3/8" BSF (or British Standard Fine)...........

john conway (CSG - ACA)

Reaction score
In the early days of FM some very kind gentleman made me a couple of 3/8" BSF adaptors for my bank sticks to match a standard thread on the bottom of my camera

terry m

Reaction score
Gardener market a bankstick to camera base adaptor. I have one, it is very useful and weighs a helluva lot less than carting a tripod, or similar, around.

black rod

Reaction score
3/8 bsf like the rest have said.
This is the set up I use, it double as a weighing tripod and camera tripod, 3 storm poles attached to a Gardner Triad with a Gardner camera adapter. I also incorporate 3 quick change connectors between the storm poles and the triad.

Attachments

• IMGP0588.jpg
    IMGP0588.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMGP0589.jpg
    IMGP0589.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMGP0590.jpg
    IMGP0590.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited: