shakespeare bivvies

R

Richard Bytheway

has anyone got the two man shakespeare bivvy ? im thinking of getting one as i see they now do a winter skin .
any feedback would be gratefull.
thanks

A

Alan Roe

I had the two man cypry excell and to be honest I cannot recommend it.

It was hard work to put up.

It flaped in any sort of a breeze.

It leaked.

The zips on the doors failed.

I bought mine new and took it to France for a one week trip at the end of the trip the first thing I did was to take it back!!
It was next to usless.
For the same sort of money there are many other and better options.

D

David Whitmill

They are very roomy and once I'd got it up and pegged down it was good.

The big problem was getting it up on your own, much easier if someone else assists, it took a good 15 mins or more to put up and was very difficult in the wind.

R

Richard Bytheway

oh dear ? its not looking favourable. any other bargin recomendations? anything except badger

A

Alan Roe

I don't know what you have against badger the stuff of theirs that I have looked at has been very good and much better quality that shakespeare...and at least the same quality a certain other well known brands....

If though you want to maintain your anti badger fixation have a very good look at the leeda Giant which is essentially a 1 1/2 man bivvy that is well put together.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Richard, take a serious look at the Daiwa bivvy's, very reasonably priced and of very high quality. Or, if you have a few more pennies in your pocket, take a look at the easy dome series, I've just bought one, and its absolute wonder to put up and in no time at all. Good Luck, but more importantly, don't be afraid to ask, where you go to buy your bivvy for a discount. Always works for me, if you don't ask, you don't get and theres normally enough mark-up for you to get a deal!

R

Richard Bytheway

many thanks .
Alan my fixation against badger products is i had a chair off them , the pin holding the leg broke . i had a holdall and the strap broke. and there returns policy is fine if you can be arsed to pay post and packing.cost less to fix it myself...
put me off for life ...
tightlines

A

Alan Roe

Fair shout! if youv'e had a bad experience..though surely the firm is responsible for refunding your postage on any returns sent to them......

D

Dave Celio

Just bought a Fox Classic Easy Dome, Goes up in a couple of minutes, very sturdy. I would highly recommend I picked mine up for ?150....bargain, it's worth more.