My fabulous Shimano spinning rod has snapped

davestocker

Reaction score
My fave Shimano Exage travel rod snapped at a ferrule mid-cast yesterday evening. Anyone know if/where I can buy replacement sections?

davestocker

Reaction score
Sadly Ryan it's over a year old, but they may have the spare joints I need. But I think they've changed double leg intermediate rings for single legged ones. Anyhow, I'll contac them. Thank you.

Reaction score
Ah you never know, shimano sometimes, just give you a replacement as a goodwill gesture , they are a good company are shimano

Ryan

gerry h

Reaction score
gutted! i love my exage travel rod!you need to contact felindre ,they are shimano's spares agent in the uk

gerry h

Reaction score
but it could cost you as much for a spare section as it would for a new rod,i tried it with my fox travel carp rod last year and it was not much difference

Reaction score
Gerry,

Go to a tackle shop, a lot of shops order in and sell spares blow the RRP for that part. Or complain to fox, i'm sure with a company as good as that they would come up with a solution.

Ryan

gerry h

Reaction score
ryan i tried ,it would have cost 70quid for the one section and a new rod is 80 i just got a new one in the end as i needed it quickly

Reaction score
fair enough Gerry, if you are ever in search of a spare again contact me and i will find the best price i can do it for, for regular customers or members of this forum, i normally try to do the best price possible.

Or any other regular forum member i will do the same.

Ryan

gerry h

Reaction score
cheers ryan ,i will remember that as the travel rods do take some stick

davestocker

Reaction score
Shimano can't do anything for me. In spite of their awards for after sales service, some bloke phones me and says "we don't have any spare sections for the rod". So it's basically 'Tough!'

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Felindre said the same to me regarding an old seaspin baitrunner handle. The handle is exactly the same as the new ( B version) but felindre said it couldn't be done, took offending reel to local tackle shop and had a replacement within a week.

gerry h

Reaction score
what can i say ,i've used felindre a few times and the service has always been spot on,but like i said before you may as well just buy another rod if its out of guarantee