anyone fished Willowcroft,wisbech

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone fished at willowcroft`s Six islands lakeat wisbech as im booked in for 24hrs this weekend and I was hoping for a bit of magic info (i.e swims ,features, baits ) from you guys & gals just to help my chances of catching a big carp or cat. six islands lake is 8 acres and holds carp to 48 lb and about 320 cats to 60 lb,looks to bea good water.tight lines to you all/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Well it was quite a good session I had 8 catfish, 2x 21 lb, 20.08 lb, 19.07 lb, 18.10 lb, 17.02 lb, 14.04 lb, 12.04 lb. unfortunatly no carp but nevermind can`t have it all. I`ve put a few pictures in my gallery.

Carpless

Reaction score
Well done on the session Dan, some nice fish in there. Love the grass effect landing mat btw, make sure you remember where you put it tho /forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif. Tight lines

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
The make of it is CAM-ou and for the real tree one which I have cost me £24.80 and its made from the same water proof material as what the decent bivvies, so as the outer edge is raised I filled it with the lake water and none of it seeped through the 24 hrs I was there, obviously I often changed the water. I`d have one of these over a beanie mat any day iof the week.

Carpless

Reaction score
arg. looking for a new one. not in to all the excessively expensive gear. Well done on the session none the less.

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Going back for another 24hrs this weekend so fingers crossed on getting one of their big cats and another 48hrs in 2 weeks

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Had a great 48 hours, 11 catfish in total. biggest was 21 lb yet again, smallest was 13.04 lb and all in heavy rain, I got soaked through. 1st night was a bit lonely as I had the whole lake to myself but I did get the best peg. 3 day trip next I think, cant wait