Big change in the weather. Anyone fishing this weekend?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
The fishes may get a sharp shock tomorrow when temps plummet by up to 10 degrees and cold rain moves in.
I'm on the GUC Sunday near Milton Keynes on a clubby.
Anyone else out this weekend?

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I have been fishing about ten times this and now the weather is turning ? I might take a new whip I bought down the canal with a can of hemp and some casters

C

chefster

I,m fishing an Open Match at Lychgate Fishery @ Leicester on saturday,so i hope it is,nt too cold:cool::cool:,cheers Chef

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I have been fishing about ten times this and now the weather is turning ? I might take a new whip I bought down the canal with a can of hemp and some casters

If I was you Benny I'd feed hemp but pick some Elderberries (free) and use them instead of caster...

sam vimes

Reaction score
If there's a bit of a let up in the rain tomorrow, I'll get out, maybe for 48 hours or more. Otherwise I'll be leaving it until Saturday. I hate setting up and packing up in the rain.

B

binka

Definitely out on the river Sunday with a mate but haven't decided what to go for yet, feel like doing something different and I might try and squeeze a few hours in Saturday but don't know where... I enjoyed the canal last weekend but might do a local Stillwater if i'm travelling further on Sunday :)

bennygesserit

Reaction score
The fishes may get a sharp shock tomorrow when temps plummet by up to 10 degrees and cold rain moves in.
I'm on the GUC Sunday near Milton Keynes on a clubby.
Anyone else out this weekend?

If I was you Benny I'd feed hemp but pick some Elderberries (free) and use them instead of caster...

Peter thanks for that :)

C

chefster

Definitely out on the river Sunday with a mate but haven't decided what to go for yet, feel like doing something different and I might try and squeeze a few hours in Saturday but don't know where... I enjoyed the canal last weekend but might do a local Stillwater if i'm travelling further on Sunday :)

Do you want to post the barbel picture now -to save time on sunday!!!!:D:D:D:D

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Got up at 5am and it was belting down. Now at 7.30 it has stopped and is drying up but I'll have to wait for the traffic to die down....damn! Anyway should manage 5/6 hours later on and similar tomorrow

Never really sure about sudden rain/temperature drop and the affect on stillwaters. Like to think it 'livens things up' but I'm not so sure.....For sure it will get rid of the surface scum and dust which plays havoc with the line!
Setting up in the rain I hate with a passion - even worse packing up!!!

Much worse is the wife moaning when I want to dry the umbrella in the sitting room...........................so fussy some people..

badgeroo

Reaction score
Me and me lad (badger 98) will be going overnight from tomorrow morning carping at walrow try to hook some of them bad boys will try the forum from there

numptyfish

Reaction score
Will be fishing this Sunday from dawn till about 4pm up Beccles way!

Good luck to all those fishing this weekend, may your rods arch heavily and often and your landing nets made good use off :)

Last edited:

choppedworm

Reaction score
I will be on my lake trying to tempt a double figure bream. I cannot see the drop in temperature affecting the water temperature for a few weeks however; the cold rain will certainly accelerate the drop in water temperature. The main thing is that the sun will not be shining and a bit of cloud cover will be present. With a bit of a SW wind should be ideal fishing conditions (for lakes).

stevejay

Reaction score
Hoping to have a day on the Huntspill and wind back the clock to my youth.

Moved to the Midlands some time ago but now recently relocated in Wiltshire so fancy a trip down memory lane - fished many a match on the Spill in the 80s and 90s. Am thinking I will focus on the waggler but try the tip over some feed in case the bream are about. Have been carp fishing of late so have only used my match gear now and then, so looking forward to fishing in the style I would have used 20 years ago!

Weather looks ok, not as good as it has been, just hope it doesn't rain too much as I know it will be windy, it always is!